The "Jesus is Michael" teaching soon to go?

by Island Man 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The Org really only makes doctrinal changes for specific reasons.

No reason to rock that boat, though.

• steve2
    steve2

The consensus is: No.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

They won't tell us...they'll put it in the public WT "Questions from Readers"...that's where some of the subliminal changes appear...That's where they the mentioned that they mentioned dates of the end but....then in another public they mentioned...we can clap for a re-instated DF'd ones....My question is....where in the bible does it say that...not to clap or too clap...their reasoning (& mine too, don't mean to boast but I thought of it before it was published)....I do that to answer the friends...I answer them only in scripture...so the scripture they used to support clapping for re-instated ones, was even the angels clap when one comes back to God....

Whatever they say...someone is going to quote Hebs. where is says...to which angel did God say you are my son....don't worry, a reader will point it out to them....and maybe they'll drop it...but they don't mention is much...they only mention it just to sound smarter than other Christians...you know witnesses think if they can quote scripture they are more intelligent...but if one knows the scriptures as well, you can quote too...make them see some scriptures that the org. just glosses over...

Tor

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Does a single JW still care about this doctrine? They can barely be bothered to care about the Daniel and other "prophecies" and most don't even understand the generations doctrine.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

To change this teaching they would have to examine the book of Revelation again, something that they have no real desire to do.

• steve2
    steve2

Sometimes we credit rank and file JWs with too much doctrinal awareness and/or interest.

This is one of those times.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

The teaching "Jesus is Michael" soon to go?

What brought that question to your mind all of a sudden?

• Island Man
    Island Man
    "Way too many questions to answer then with Rev. 12:7"

Those are leading questions concocted by Watchtower for the purpose of supporting their claim that Jesus is Michael. Those questions don't pose a problem for other Christian groups.

• Island Man
    Island Man
    "What brought that question to your mind all of a sudden?"

I've noticed that many never-JW critics of Watchtower bring up this teaching to highlight just how crazy and heretical JW doctrine is. There is even a relatively famous youtube cartoon clip on JWs that feature that teaching to point out the craziness of JW teachings.

So it's a teaching that brings the organization a fair amount of ridicule and negative publicity among other christians. Balance that against the fact that it's not a very core teaching, and it's easy to conclude that it's a teaching that they can do better without, and is therefore likely to be discarded.

• Island Man
    Island Man
    "Does a single JW still care about this doctrine?"

Umm.. that's kinda my point. JWs don't care much about this teaching - and yet it's harming the image of the organization - not in the eyes of JWs but in the eyes of potential recruits outside the org. That makes it a "costly" teaching which is earning them very little or no returns.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit