A religon of the women, by the men, for the men

by never a jw 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• TD
    TD

Don't be sorry. The man who was "just studying" was me.

That raised a lot of eyebrows even back then..

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TD:

Yeah, I changed my post to say that. Your post could be interpreted two ways.

Well, I'm glad it wasn't you who got thrown over! People in the Witness religion want what they want and divorce doesn't mean anything anymore!

• Still_in_unfortunately
    Still_in_unfortunately

I'm new to the site and unfortunately I'm still in and can't leave. I'm one of those who see the hypocrisy and have tapped out mentally. I agree with the other posters about how sisters are treated. I am one of those sisters who are gossiped about and treated like trash. When I dated a "brother", that relationship went to $#!+. Never again. The men in the truth are TERRIBLE. glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way but still in.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Still_in - "...The men in the truth are TERRIBLE..."

Some are fairly decent.

They tend to show up here.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Welcome to the forum SIU. I had a bad time in that region too. Generally speaking men in the religion don't like intelligent women. I did find a good one though. Reader, I married him.

• Still_in_unfortunately
    Still_in_unfortunately

I'm one who went to college and trying to move up the corporate ladder as colleagues and management appreciate and welcome my talents and skills. #hugenonoinjwworld

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

XANTHIPPE & STILL IN:

Yes, it is true that the Witness religion hates intelligent women. They don't just try to hold back born-ins from getting college or career....If you come INTO the religion with a career (like I did) they will do everything in their power to get you to quit.

I think they are mostly motivated by ENVY and also resentfullness towards a woman who succeeds (or even functions) in the world.

So, they want to abase her. They want to see women pursuing poverty and doing favors for the users in the hall.

If you resist them, like I did, they make sure you are hardly ever invited anywhere. In fact, some will even shun you. Of course, none of this matters now that I am out of the religion and retired!!!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    A thought....any man bad or good can have a woman...look at Charles Manson...he had a few... but a good woman can live a lifetime and not have anyone...

Pssst ....Your religion is showing!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit