What's Happening in Italy? Bethel Relocating Departments to Bologna?

by Room 215 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Room 215
    Room 215

According to some websites, it appears there's going to be a transferral of several departments out of Rome and to Imola (Bologna) in November, along with the sale of some property in the capital.

Are they downsizing? Anyone know what's going on?

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Gorby visit the jw.org buildings at Via dells Buffalotta once in Rome. Old Roman villa's etcetera.

Much money to make for our property body (tm).

G.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

During my first visit to Rome I tried to visit Bethel at Via della Buffalotta*. Couldn't find it. Will never forget that street name though. Neither will my friend Gorby apparently :-)

We did manage to locate the Vatican, but didn't visit their museum as that would violate our conscience. Whatever.

And we chatted up an inactive American exjw (Jesus the world is small innit). I hope he didn't return to the cult because of us.

But otherwise, I have no info on Italy branch...

*) Lol. On first post, autocorrect changed this to Via Sell a Buffalotta....

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I visited one time. What a let down compared to Brooklyn.

First time I went to the Vatican, I pompously refused to go in.

Since then I have gone many times.

So many regrets:(

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Thanks for the head up Room 215 I'll have to go to my sources in Italy to see what is going on. Will report back.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

According to this website http://www.geova.org/la-betel-di-roma-chiude/ in 2016 plans were in the works to look for real estate in northern Italy.

This blog post from :http://proclamatoreconsapevole.blogspot.ca/2017/08/notizia-flash-ultimora.html

indicates as you say ,that in the early part of November the translation department and broadcasting from rome will be transferred a Imola (Bologna) in a new Remote Translation Office RTO.

I am not sure what else remains in the Rome Bethel since all printing is in Germany. I am assuming that if there are any offices remaining, they will be slowly transferred up north.

This is an interesting map of who's printing watchtower crap in 2016. Italy is not on the list: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=10X_snx54vRIAh-DzEUAYGz6JFew&hl=en_US&ll=-3.81666561775622e-14%2C-

I will be in contact with some true blue witnesses near Rome to get a rank and file perspective.

• zeb
    zeb

Aussie perspective. If the gb are selling property in Rome then it must be worth a heap for them to do so. I imagine property in Rome would be like selling property in London NY or any other high demand world city.$$$

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

@zeb we know it's all about the money. A few years ago many of the major assembly halls in major Italian cities were up for sale. I Believe they sold one assembly hall in Italy In Prato that was worth a ton of money.Prato is like the Menlo Park of California.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Anyone who has visited the Bethel in Italy know if it's true that they served wine with their meals, because of Italian tradition or was that just another JW lie being passed around, and also at the German Bethel they had beer with their meals. I remember hearing that several times

I'm sure the young boys in Brooklyn would've appreciated it if the same were true for them, think of all the money they would've saved out of their own pocket if the American Bethel served beer and wine.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

"Money money money, it's so funny, it's a rich mans world" was a popular tune once.

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit