So the liberals are lying about people moving out of Kalifornia.

by mickbobcat 13 Replies latest social current

• LV101
    LV101

joe - can you reveal which country? No worries if problem but sounds too good to be true - lucky you.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

It is tempting to move from California to a place with a lower cost of living. If 3rd gen and I moved to Nevada or Arizona our cost of living would drop by almost 30%. An identical home would cost half of our current one. I would miss our snow-covered mountains and our green yard, but I could take some photos and hang them on the wall. :)

If you stay out of high-crime cities, crime is not a big concern. Certainly safer than New York City. The Mrs does have pepper spray on her keychain, and it is easy to buy a gun if you don't have a criminal record.

Every place has negatives. Hurricanes, floods, Tornados, sub-zero winters, constant rain, droughts, are all things I like to avoid.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

South Pacific region

• LV101
    LV101

Balaamsass2 - you and 3rd gen would be amazed at the green lawns in NV. We have snow-covered mountains - check out Mt. Charleston which is only about a 30-minute drive from LV. It's not going to look like Mammoth but the mountain ranges surrounding the valley are gorgeous but I love the desert - and the amazing blue ocean so I understand. I have withdrawals every time I leave it. Arizona is so beautiful - wish the saguaros thrived here like there - a few have.

I think LV is one of the more expensive cities to live now -- I only skimmed the headlines could be fake. Everything is trucked in so that might be part of the problem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit