Footy

by KenUK 11 Replies latest social physical

• KenUK
    KenUK

Newcastle winning Champions League (part 1) in Partizan Belgrade

S*********d (no swearing) scraping through League Cup 1 against the mighty Mansfield

Man City preparing (by default) to pay Total Network Solutions in the UEFA Cup

Portsmouth - well evening at home knitting prior to 3 seasons in Premiership (Autumn, Winter & Spring)

Isn't life grand:-)

• Hamas
    Hamas

I used to love football.

Then it suddenly dawned on me; I am paying these guys a percentage of their 20 - 80k a week wage packet.

SCUM !

They do no work to have the right to be paid so much.

For this reason, I shall never pay to watch it again.

SCUM !

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    They do no work to have the right to be paid so much.

Of course they do. They entertain millions of people, thereby generating huge amounts of revenue.

For this reason, I shall never pay to watch it again.

The free market's great, isn't it?

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Isn't life grand:-)

It is when you're a Manchester United supporter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dansk

• Englishman
    Englishman
    Portsmouth - well evening at home knitting prior to 3 seasons in Premiership (Autumn, Winter & Spring

Hmm. Is this a flame thread, I wonder?

Englishman.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I guess what we may be alluding to is that teams are promoted, only to find themselves soon a feather duster, y'know what I mean? It's a hard job coming up and then staying up.

Ozzie

• City Fan
    City Fan

Dansk

When Utd signed Tim Howard I heard that they had signed someone who due to some 'syndrome' was prone to violent outburst & shaking fits. But you already have Roy Keane!

Fergie has seen sense & finally parted with Juan Sebastian Veron to the only team who would buy him. The team with more money than sense. Do you remember Malcolm Allison going crazy with money about 1980 ? He bought anybody who could run & ruined City's finances for years.

I'm really looking forward to the derby games this year - I don't think Bosvelt is the most popular player with United fans.

Anyway tonight sees Manchester City play the might of Total Network Solutions. Should I be nervous?

• Gadget
    Gadget
    It's a hard job coming up and then staying up.

But you can get pills to help...

I'm just waiting to see how far 'Pompeii' get this season and if it causes anymore disagreements in the pub again next year!

Gadget

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    The team with more money than sense.

Ain't that the truth!

A bit like Patterson mania, eh???!!!

Cheers, Ozzie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    But you can get pills to help...

Yeah, yeah, I know!!

Share this