Last Meeting

by Nosferatu 33 Replies latest jw friends

• david_10
    david_10

Nominee, best writing on JWD this year (so far)

Thank you, Willyloman, for your complimentary words-----I really appreciate them. And I'm going to hunt for that book. I'm an avid reader and I know I would enjoy it. Thanks again.

David

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

Actually, it was kind of eerie !!!, I remember knowing it would be my last meeting, I was about to move in with my girlfriend, and all I remember was not one person talked to me that night, it's almost like they knew !!! weird isn't it.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    I stuck my finger down my throat, left at the lunch break, walked out into the Texas scorching sun

Best case ever made in favor of bulemia.

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

One of my final meetings was when they had "new light" about the last generation. Everyone was repeating what was said in the Watchtower and believed every word of it like it was no big deal even though the prophecy was turned on its head. I couldn't believe how everyone accepted such a radical change in such an instant.

The last straw was the Memorial in 1996. I had been reading a lot of Stephen King and was just sitting there wondering what he would have done when the emblems were passed around. It was 40th Memorial and my last meeting. It felt invigorating knowing the real truth and that this cult no longer had a hold on me.

Francois, I skipped my father's memorial 3 years ago and don't regret it. We were tight and I was there for him while he was alive. I couldn't stomach hearing a stranger read from a manuscript from Brooklyn and turn my father's death into a membership drive. What an insult. My future son-in-law went and said it was the most heartless services he'd ever been to. He didn't learn anything about my father's wonderful life of 87 years. I refused to be a party to it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit