Holiday plans for the summer?

by Simon 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Simon
    Simon

Hi, anyone have any holiday plans for the summer?
    We hope to go to Canada to visit relatives and maybe go down to San-Diego to take the kids round the Zoo & Sea-world. Went there a couple of years ago on business and it was incredible!
    How about everyone else - where do you hope to visit?

• claudia
    claudia

Hi Simon, I wish to spend a few weeks at the ocean, perhaps Maryland, the children love it as much as I do. Do you like the United States?

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, the USA is brilliant.
    I found the people so friendly which is such a change for how most of 'us brits' are.
    I want to emigrate!

• NaweOfJah
    NaweOfJah

Well, our plans are to travel to Alaska to see family there. We want to drive to see beautiful Canada and Alaska. Some friends made this trip a few years back and loved the friends throughout Canada they met.

I also had an Uncle (who died in 1973) who homesteaded land in the Yukon for 19 years. I hope to visit that area also.

...had to try this emotion smilie! Cute.

Edited by - NaweOfJah on 29 March 2000 20:44:51

• Simon
    Simon

I'm definitely going to start travelling more - travel broadens the minds (and lengthens the anecdotes)
    And I'd like my kids to see all the wonderful places that I never went to see. As long as they come back and tell me all about them.

glad you liked the clown...this is my fav

• cheerful2
    cheerful2

My daughter and I plan to got to Alaska We have always wanted to go
    Janet

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Hey Simon! Won't see you but a big welcome to Canada ahead of time. :D I have vacation starting on my youngest's bd - July 6. My two daughters and I are going to the bar for the first time ever to share a few drinks. It's going to be neat,after all these years of my kids begging me to go to the bars or drink with them - to legally be allowed to do it. We're guessing ppl will figure us as sisters and plan to play some jokes on ppl. Other than that, a weekend with my boyfriend - yes, Salem has a boyfriend. We're going camping and I can't wait. Ahhhh sweet, sweet summertime. I didn't think I'd make it thru 'this' winter. Mim/Salem

• avishai
    avishai

The burning man festival, www.burningman.com

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Thanks to Mim for the BTTT.

Simon hope you can make it across the pond to visit. Alberta is a beautiful province. I think next to Ontario, they have it made there. Awesome flatlands, slowly rising up to the foothills, just spectacular.

Banff and Jasper....well, most spectacular places on the North American continent.

CJ and I have a travel trailer, 23 footer, that has fold out beds on the ends that extend to 30 feet.

The moment camping season starts ( which is Queen Victoria Day in May ) we are on the road, and at our favourite camp site, at a provincial park named Sleeping Giant. It is so called because it is a pennisula that extends 45 km into Lake Superior, and when viewed from our city It resembles a Native Canadian ( Indian, as we were once allowed to call them ) with full headress on, lying on his back with arms folded, guarding the silver mine.

The campground is spectacular. Beautiful sand beach, at the edge of a smaller interior lake, hundreds of miles of biking and hiking trails, which lead to the highest points of land in Ontario, where you can look out onto Lake Superior, see for incredibly long distances, watching the sailboats racing and ocean ships coming in to harbour for grains.

3 more weeks.....

Now maybe Simon can tell us what he has done in the 2 years since and what his plans are for this year ?

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Grand Cayman hopefully this summer. Scuba, scuba, scuba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit