Muslims are not the only terrorists

by fulltimestudent 23 Replies latest jw friends

• barry
    barry

Islamic terrorism is very different than terrorism we have experienced in the past. Islamic terrorists have been asked the question and have said.' We don't terrorise you for fighting against the Palestinians and favouring the state of Israel. We don't terrorise you for invading our countries and bombing us. We only terrorise you for not converting to Islam and accepting Sharia as the law of the land. '

Since 9/11 there is reportedly approximately 30000 islamic attacks around the world and the attacks are universal showing the grievances must be other than for land or rights.

The hate of Islam comes from there books the Quoran and Bukori which is filled with edicts against jews and Christians and if you don't believe me thats a good place to start fulltimestudent

• Simon
    Simon
    There are a number of modern countries that would not exist were it not for terrorism. These include the Republic of Ireland, Israel

Bunkum. The terrorism by the IRA was about Northern Ireland who's status has not changed.

The formation of the state of Israel was done by the UN, not because of terrorism.

It doesn't mean that terrorism isn't often used for political ends but lets not start legitimising it in any way as a technique.

Particularly Israel, which is an anomaly in the region when it comes to behavior and human rights.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Anybody who disbelieves that the Republic of Ireland did not successfully use terrorism in the Irish War of Independence (1919 - 1921) really does need to do some serious research into the matter. Furthermore, they would not have to look very hard, either! The result of this first campaign by the IRA was the Anglo-Irish Treaty of December 1921, which removed 26 counties of Ireland from British Rule.

That terrorist campaign took place 50 years before the Provisional IRA's failed attempt (1969-1998) to unite the six counties of Ulster with the Irish Republic.

As with Ireland, also with Israel, the evidence is very easy to find regarding its use of terrorism. Most recently, the American Jewish academic, Richard Falk, described the foundation of Israel as the "most successful terrorist campaign in history." Another informative read is Bruce Hoffman's Israel: The Original Terrorist State.

On the 1st October 1948, the newly appointed UN Commissioner to Palestine, Ralph Bunche, was presented with a report which listed all known acts of Jewish terrorism that had occurred over the previous four years. These began on the 6th November 1944, with the assassination of the British Resident Minister in the Middle East, Lord Moyne. These ended on the 17th September 1948, with the assassination of Ralph Bunche's predecessor, the United Nations Mediator for Palestine, Count Folke Bernadotte. There was a total of 259 incidents of terrorism on that list.

It is generally agreed that the "Jewish Insurrection", as it is sometimes referred to as, had the effect of making "the cost of occupation too high" for a nearly bankrupt Britain. That led to a British evacuation of the territory in May of 1948, thus leaving the problem to the United Nations.

You certainly do not have to be a Major in History to uncover this information!

• hothabanero
    hothabanero
    I am so damn tired of these liberal "other people are doing terrorism too" threads. It is nothing but sugar coated Muslim apologetics.
  • Landy
    Landy

Hothanbanero - what part of the US are you from?

Just curious.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

@Landy: why r u asking?

Don't take this the wrong way but I am not going to write it here for obvious reasons...

• Landy
    Landy
    Anybody who disbelieves that the Republic of Ireland did not successfully use terrorism in the Irish War of Independence (1919 - 1921) really does need to do some serious research into the matter.

It's always been the same. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Nelson Mandela is a good example - the ANC was a terrorist organisation for years.

• Landy
    Landy
    @Landy: why r u asking?

Just to see if it fits my preconceived ideas really.

Doesn't matter.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Landy,

You are right on the money there. Who cannot ever forget "The Necklace" (i.e. an old car tyre that was filled with petrol / gasoline, hanged around the victim's neck then set alight). Standard ANC way of dealing with police informers and the like, but handed out with hardly a protest from our media.

PS: In the whole Left/ Right Liberal/Conservative or whatever debate, there is only one I category that I identify myself with and that is "Left Right Out"!

Also, it is indeed a sad world if you cannot state a few home truths.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Terrorists of the past were contained to a relative small local area with a specific goal. eg Northern Ireland with the Catholics and protestants ,it didnt spill over to the rest of the world where Catholics and protestant are. It was contained to Northern Ireland.

Islam /Muslim terroists take their grievances to the four corners of the world ,killing innocent people of all persuasions adults ,children ,and even fellow Muslims they dont agree with.

They may not be the only terroists in the world but they are by far the most dangerous ,extremist group that needs to be eradicated before anarchy erupts between Islam ,Christianity,and Everybody else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit