Muslims are not the only terrorists

by fulltimestudent 23 Replies latest jw friends

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

David Goldman's Hongkong based (and web published) media journal, the Asia,Times describes what may be the world's longest running terrorist insurrection in India. Their latest success was an attack on India's state security forces, in which they killed 26 members of the security force.

You can read the AT's attempt to analyse the origins and causes of the Naxalite (they are also called Maoists) rebellions at: http://www.atimes.com/indias-maoist-violence-must-resolved-dialogue/

The Hindustan Times has a table detailing the dead in this rebellion.

Finally, I saw nothing about the latest attack (April) in the Aussie media. I'm curious, if you saw a reference in your country, tell us about it.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/for-crpf-in-chhattisgarh-april-deadliest-month-2017-deadliest-year-in-7-yrs/story-9lWxgVFzdUZq1chltARBE

And a Youtube video provides a peep into this force:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVfZtdlItGY

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Yet another long-running conflict that never receives a mention in our media.

How to keep yourself informed?

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

And then there are other places where terrorists grow. Like the USA, where some seem to develop such extreme hatred that their subsequent actions can only be described as "terrorist" activity.

As examples, there is the terrorist activity of the KKK against coloured Americans.

Wikipedia has an entry called Terrorism in the USA, which lists and describes incidents that the author calls terrorism.

See - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_the_United_States

And, now Facebook has called my attention to a UK, Guardian article called ...

They hate the US government, and they're multiplying: the terrifying rise of 'sovereign citizens'

While US counter-terrorism efforts remain locked on Islamist extremism, the growing threat from homegrown, rightwing extremists is even more pressing

and describes some horrific acts of terrorism (within the USA) by various groups the authors calls 'extreme right wing.'
    See - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/15/sovereign-citizens-rightwing-terrorism-hate-us-government?CMP=share_btn_fb
    I wonder when the government of the USA will have to start bombing its own citizens?
  • Simon
    Simon
    there is the terrorist activity of the KKK against coloured Americans

Are you talking modern KKK or the long-gone KKK?

If the modern KKK, how many have they killed?

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Simon: Are you talking modern KKK or the long-gone KKK?

Oh! definitely (in my post) the distant past, not the present. But, it may be that contempory American life is also has examples of terror motivated, race based actions against negro's. But I have not read widely on that topic.

• Chook
    Chook

Ask the people in Paris that question?

• Simon
    Simon

Have we seen media reports of an obscure regional terrorist attack? No.

We do hear about the attacks that are targeted at the countries many of us live in though. Amazing that, eh?

Trying to make out that Islamic terrorism (or what is usually now referred to as "terrorism") is somehow less of a problem because you found some other group doesn't work.

How many were killed in France alone in recent years? Or single US cities?

Why are you trying to diminish the threat? Muslim appeasement?

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    Simon: Why are you trying to diminish the threat? Muslim appeasement?

No! I do not particularly like Islam (another face to semitic religion).

This problem will not be solved by present policies.

I wanted to demonstrate that acts of terror have been used by all types of people, and not just one singular type.

Am I correct in the examples I've presented?

Think about it - how many people have been killed in attacks by Muslim terrorists in western countries (include Russia) ? Has the total yet reached 1000? On the other hand, how many people have been killed by western action in Islamic countries? (Include French action in Algeria, British action in Iraq in post WW1 era, and contemporary U.S. led actions).

We have had similar conversations before, and the problem is now worse than ever. And I think it will continue to become even worse, unless a different approach is used to the present policies.

• Simon
    Simon
    Am I correct in the examples I've presented?

No. No group has used terror to the extent that Islam has. Ever. By a massive margin.

Has the total yet reached 1000?

Many, many more.

how many people have been killed by western action in Islamic countries?

It really comes down to the reason for the action and who is being killed. While there has been action that can be condemned committed by the west, it's a bit like saying the allies are equally guilty for the deaths they caused in WWII. Yes, they killed people ... they had to.

Iraq is a shit-show but how much of the actions of the west is intervention? How much is damned if you do, damned if you don't. Muslims blame the west for not acting and blame the west for acting. How about they ask some of their own shitty countries to intervene for once? Oh I forgot, they are busy counting the money, investing in terrorism and beheading anyone who questions anything ... but we're the bad guys.

Same with the police vs criminals. Some innocent people will be killed, but on the whole the standard of actions is way better by law enforcement vs criminals.

Islam is terrorism, international, national and domestic, at all levels of life, for men, women and children.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I know that this is a little aside from the OP, but still rates a mention.

There are a number of modern countries that would not exist were it not for terrorism.

These include the Republic of Ireland, Israel and Cyprus; all of whom achieved independence after waging a terrorist campaign against the colonial power, the British Empire. Algeria, too, was granted independence after fighting its colonial occupier, France, to a complete standstill during a protracted campaign that included terrorist tactics.

Ironic now that these same countries can project a "Mr Good Guy" image when it comes to such matters as terrorism! (Particularly in the case of Israel),

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit