They Are Going To Start Clamping Down With Staying At Home - Local Needs + GB Update #4

by thedepressedsoul 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Ah , come on .... Zoom meetings are easy to fudge. Sister Blues is committed to the faith but finds these meetings tedious. We tune by Zoom, but never with our microphone or camera on . It shows a blank square and her name only. Frequently she is doing something else and I certainly am. Last time I noticed several T shirts too among the others who showed themselves.

The idea of having to go back to the Hall is not looked forward too among the ones who I know.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

whats to stop a bro logging in to zoom--but having a tv program on at the same time ?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Just talked to a friend from a nearby congregation to see how her zoom meetings are doing. Just as I expected...she related that often she sees 40% to 50% of those in zoom attendance have their video/camera turned off.

I suspect that 'Mother' is going to be addressing this problem of all these camera-shy JW delinquents sooner rather than later. Will it be a local needs part...or will it be covered in a broadcast video? Considering that WT's stay at home order will likely remain in place for many months to come...this trend of the rank & file keeping their cameras turned-off will only worsen. So this cult has to attempt something to keep camera-bashful Jdubbs tuned-in.

• inbetween09
    inbetween09

Hi, I agree with the sentiment, that somewhere in near future they adress the problem of turnig off camera while zooming.

But it can easily backfire. Right now attendance is high, since people who may not feel well or miss meeting because of stress or boredom, just sign in without camera. If they put pressure to the folks to turn on their camera, mayn might simply not zoom in at all. Then the attendance will drop again, something the org, number crazy as it is, would surely avoid.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Latest is through November with no physical assemblies. Done by streaming.

Note the special videos in midweek with a 15 minute book study. 15 minutes is way enough time for that anyhoo

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Yup, COVID-19 sure has made the e-church transition way easier.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Also, just last night I was joking with my wife about how some of the old-school loyalists probably don’t know what to do with themselves during the shutdown, whilst a lot more are actually enjoying the break.😀

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit