Lawsuit: I said GB member Barr that my Bethelite stepfather abused me; he did nothing

by Corney 33 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Listener
    Listener

Awake 92

The expression “free from accusation” is rendered from the Greek word a·negʹkle·tos. Commenting on this word, The New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology states: “Anenklētos belongs to the legal setting of accusationin court, and connotes behaviour which is irreproachable, against which no accusation can be made.” Thus, a man’s record must be clean before he is appointed an elder; he could not be under reproach, or subject to accusation. And only if he remained free from legitimate accusation could an elder continue in office.​—Compare 1 Timothy 3:10.

By settling the legal case, they have hindered any possibility of being free from accusation making those accusations remain. They are JW men in high positions and were given the opportunity to have others bare witness but chose not to. I gather they have removed no accused men from office.

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

The entire thing sounds made up to me

we are supposed to believe she was old enough to be a pioneer but still living with her alcoholism mum and step father in Bethel?????

And she was threatened with being taken if being a pioneer and she just had to go back in the room with them? Come on, nobody would believe this. Why would she still want to pioneer and if she was old enough to pioneer why would she continue to go back to that room? She would run out of the room crying and tell someone

I also find it hard to believe While at Bethel, Plaintiff was assigned to work various jobs, including, assisting with video production, working in the laundry facility, and as an elevator operator.

I used to be a Bethelite and I know that this just would not happen, nobody under 19 could work in Bethel,

thete are more holes in this story than in Swiss cheese

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Well, they settled. Big surprise eh? When in doubt use the financial clout, What a cynical use of "dedicated funds" .

I by the way, have no problem believing this. The rules ae the rules until it suits the bigger picture, then all sorts of arrangements are made.

I knew Jack Barr and his wife Mildred long before they were whisked away to GB stardom. He was a gentle old man unsuited to making a fuss. I can see him handling the problem just as described. Sad but true.

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

Yes I must admit if your choice is to settle out of court it does make you look guilty just look at the not so grand old duke of York Prince Andrew

can we ever find out details of the case how much of the donated funds were used to pay off?

I also met Br John Barr, I know most people called him Jack. If that’s true that he knew a child molester was in Bethel and he didn’t take the correct actions then this is absolutely proof that the GB are not inspired by God

I still suspect that the story is not completely accurate, but the fact that they settled for probably a large amount of money is very telling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit