2017 Yearbook - Still Waiting

by berrygerry 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• steve2
    steve2

Barrold Bonds is correct. Look at the wording: the annual items will be available BEGINNING in October which suggests a release roll out over an unspecified time that begins in October.

Which means the Yearbook can still be released in late December (as it has for the past two or so years) and not contradict the organization's own wording.

By the organization's own wording, there is no delay in releasing the 2017 Yearbook.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

Perhaps the 2017 Yearbook has been released invisibly.

On a serious note, I can see the literal interpretation Barrold Bonds and steve2 are using. However, I remember that at around this time last year, there was a leak of the global summary figures. I hope that happens again.

Just to clarify something raised in one of the above posts, others have clarified in the past that the yearbook numbers for any particular year are not for a calendar year, but the numbers for the 12 month period ending on the last day of September or October of the relevant year (I can't remember if it is Sept or Oct). So the 2017 Yearbook will contain numbers for a 12 month period from late 2015 to late 2016.

• steve2
    steve2

the numbers for the 12 month period ending on the last day of September or October of the relevant year (I can't remember if it is Sept or Oct). So the 2017 Yearbook will contain numbers for a 12 month period from late 2015 to late 2016.

Correct, shepherdless - which is why they used to refer to the report as covering the "Service year". I recall that the Service Year runs from September 1st to August 31st of each year. Clearly, if their annual report were based on a literal calendar year, they could not release the 2016 Service Report until after December 31st!

Fair enough comment too about their divulging key figures from the Service Year well before now. I have heard that in some quarters they have said that Memorial attendance this year was over 20 million - but I cannot verify that figure. If it has topped 20 million, it will be interesting to see by how much, given that in 2014 they came within 50,000 of doing so (19,950,019) - although in 2015, attendance had dropped back to 19,862,783).

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

FYI

Watchtower 15 August 2011, page 22

Questions From Readers: How are we to understand the figures in the annual service report?

Each year, we look forward to the service report published in the Yearbook. It is thrilling to see what Jehovah’s people as a group have accomplished in the worldwide Kingdom preaching and teaching work. But to derive the greatest benefit from the report, we need a correct understanding of the entries as well as a balanced view of the figures. Consider a few examples.

• Service year
    • Peak publishers and average publishers
    • Total hours
    • Money spent
    • Memorial partakers

Link to scan

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Dec. 23 rd. Still no 2017 yearbook. Waiting patiently on Jah!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Look at the wording: the annual items will be available BEGINNING in October which suggests a release roll out over an unspecified time ...

Steve2 ...

Due to the success of the overlapping generation thing, they now may be experimenting with overlapping release dates. For example, release dates in 2016 and 2017 may be considered the same release date since their timing coincided with the other.

Rub a Dub

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I just hope there are more encouraging stories about how subsistence farmers who went to assemblies came home to have an increase of chickens while unbelieving chickens died.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Maybe we can just Review Last Years Year Book - starting with THIS article!!!!

• A Believer
    A Believer

I love new material as well but we must all be patient.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I've seen NEW halls and assembly halls with only a roof (one tiny walled area in back where offices and maybe toilets were located) over the bench seats. . .I'm thinking they were built much more economically than the new branch and HQ buildings. So I'm real interested in learning how all the money is being used.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit