Meetings

by pontoon 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Isn’t it funny how been at the hall was were Jehovah’s spirit was. How been present at the book study would help the connective cohesion with our bros and sis, for the great trib. Heaven forbid don’t ever put any JW material, or worse meet a virtual JW, on the internet. My how times have changed, and the JWs are none the wiser.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

I am really hoping that they do switch to Zoom meetings permanently. Long may they continue. They may be helping Watchtower in the short term, but in the long term they will make Watchtower less relevant to everyday life.

Also, most people are there for the social aspect, even if they don’t admit it, or realise it. Zoom is a poor substitute for that, and adherents will find other connections over time, in place of that.

My prediction (just a guess) is that once the pandemic is well and truly under control, they may decide that KH meetings are to resume, but mid-week meetings will be by zoom, and the “preaching work” won’t include door-knocking.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Sheperdless- I think you're on to something there. I forsee the sale off of KH and just going zoom. A perfect on line religion. Everything online. The preaching work may still be around but reduced to their standing next to carts and sending letters that will be thrown away. More people I hope will wake up.

• JWTom
    JWTom

In another post I brought up thoughts around "can you see the end of the JW Org based on either Financial or Legal problems".

Most commented that a slow decline of the JW global org is most likely.

My thought is possibly Covid and the current state of affairs within the JW org could hasten the decline/exodus of people.

For anyone that was part of JW Org in the 50s, 60s or 70s....the organization today is unrecognizable compared with how things were back then.

Many, many realize this and at least in their minds are thinking "all of this makes no sense and why is the JW Org in the ditch".

Unfortunately, there are so many liabilities in trying to leave JW Org and many that are older have few options or support outside JW Org that they are stuck. A sad but true reality for many.

• Steel
    Steel

Covid to me has really exposed how religion is a business and butts in the pews means dollars in the collection plate. Evangelicals in the US are basically a death cult now. They can’t figure out the difference between a horrible communist dictator and a terrible pandemic.

Sadly I agree with the WTS approach and it will most likely net them more member when this is over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit