Who can guess the number closest to memorial partakers ?

by Chook 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chook
    Chook

My punt 16144 , do you like my last three numbers !

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Considering the trend in 2000, my guess is 19,460.

If we break the 20 thousand mark it'll be hilarious. Since the beginning of Christianity there's only been 144,000 anointed Christians? That works out at approximately 75 people per year since Jesus death. I'll bet my life that in the first century there were more than 75 people partaking of the emblems. So Paul was writing only to 75 people???

2000 8,661

2001 8,730

2002 8,760

2003 8,565

2004 8,570

2005 8,524

2006 8,758

2007 9,105

2008 9,986

2009 10,857

2010 11,202

2011 11,824

2012 12,604

2013 13,204

2014 14,121

2015 15,177

2016 18,013

• Chook
    Chook

That's how much I take notice, I thought there was about 14k , you are right Pale 18013 considering the trajectory is up I need a new punt.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

When I was a jobo, the numbers of 'partakers(tm)' reducing, was seen as a positive sign the end was near. Now, do the new figures mean the end did come and we missed it? Probably an invisible end...oooh, matron.

Do they still publish 'partakers(tm)' these days, sorry, I'm really out of the jobo loop these days.

what about 17 (for the year) and 144 (like Chook) = 17,144

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

When I was a jobo, the numbers of 'partakers(tm)' reducing, was seen as a positive sign the end was near. Now, do the new figures mean the end did come and we missed it? Probably an invisible end...oooh, matron.

Do they still publish 'partakers(tm)' these days, sorry, I'm really out of the jobo loop these days.

what about 17 (for the year) and 144 (like Chook) = 17,144

Im told in a recent talk given in the convention, that we're to not take any real notice about the number of memorial partakers because the majority of those taking part are mistaken or mentally ill. Nice. Of course the governing body arnt mentally ill or deluded, no, they really are anointed.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

what will the watchtower do when the total partakers exceed 144,000 ?

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

When the WT says that many who partake are mentally unstable they are using a propaganda technique known as "framing an argument."

They are, in effect, presenting an argument that has only two sides: You either have the WT's view of who should partake, or, you are mentally challenged in some way.

What they NEVER mention is that many of those who now partake are doing so because they believe this is what Jesus wants all Christians to do. From the WT's perspective, such a view strikes at the heart of their authority structure and can never be acknowledged.

IMO, the WT's 'mentally unstable' idea amounts to a deliberate lie which places them outside the very covenant they claim to be part of. (Rev 22:15)

• John Free
    John Free

The number would average 72 per year but in fairness a delusional anointed person lives longer than age 1. since an anointed person lives on average until say 60-65 remembering that health care has increased life spans only in the last 100-150 years and since JWism teaches only adults can be anointed the number should be 72 x 40 = 2280 who would be alive on average in any given year. (This is a very rough calculation)

I also doubt the Borg will allow this embarrassment to continue much longer. My prediction is that new light will cause the Borg to adjust the way numbers are to be counted.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Wouldn't be surprised if they stop reporting it this year. Especially after another poster here said that at the convention the person giving the closing talk said that the number of partakers didn't matter. They'll probably plant this seed a time or two before quietly removing the stat from the yearbook maybe with a half page explanation.

• alanv
    alanv

Yes they cant keep on publishing the figure. It is one thing they can do something about. They have already got the sheep believing that many of the partakers could have mental problems, so they will say it is a meaningless number, and the jdubs will all nod hard in agreement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit