Wierd Shunning Stories

by VW.org 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

During the fading Gorby was ignored many times. A brother walked over my son of 5 years in a supermarket, because he hide his face.

When I go to the hall for family reason nobody looks Gorby in the eye.

They miss a nice and friendly chat.

G.

• zeb
    zeb

had a brother walk past me a convention then vector off suddenly. .... I had a beard...

• Good JW
    Good JW

Some of the strangest shunning experiences for me is where they did it bipolar style. One minute they were making the effort (like that friendly "I still think you're ok" smile), the next minute you have some contagious disease or worse, don't exist. It's like they expected you to fall to the floor in gratitude for the crumbs they dropped.

"Let's give this heathen some encouragement, you never know, he might return to the true religion and Jehovah won't have to smite his ass"

If they acknowledge you, so be it, if not, who cares (not me anymore). Got my own life now that more resembles reality lol.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

About 10 years ago when I faded for several years, a so called fellow Christian sister walked straight past me on my street. She had such a poker faced resolved look on her face.

Years later when I returned, she spoke to me as if nothing ever happened. I just looked at her and thought. ASSHOLE

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

To the original poster: What kind of VW do you have? I luv German cars. Had an '87 BMW 325i as my first car. Then a '98 VW Jetta. Then a '07 Audi S4. Now I just got a new VW Passat. Really luv them. Even though I went "down" to a Passat, the amount of room and luxury makes me feel like I stepped "up!"

• VW.org
    VW.org
    To the original poster: What kind of VW do you have?

I do not have a VW. I chose my name to mock JW.org.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Yesterday I went to a shopping center. I saw a dub who was once a very friendly person.

Perhaps your former friend, wasn't supposed to be there and didn't want to see anyone he knows.

• VW.org
    VW.org
    • Perhaps your former friend, wasn't supposed to be there and didn't want to see anyone he knows.

You never know. Maybe he got on the phone to talk to an elders wife to have an adulterous affair.

• Driveby
    Driveby

It took over a year for me to leave the town where I had attended the KH. During that time I came across a few of the "friends" that I had known for years. ALL of them looked at the ground or turned the other way pretending not to see me. I think much of this behavior is fear rather than snobbery.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

One other bad one for me (long list), was that I was doing work from a long time family friend who is a JW.
    Well when the rumors (fueled by elders) started flying (again I had done nothing but not go to meetings), he made it impossible for me to keep working for him.
    It was a major chunk of my income.
    Still, have not recovered from that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit