Why would anyone choose to support Jehovah’s Witnesses?

by Half banana 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Makemeanunbeliever and Doubtfully Yours; Do you not feel guilty staying when you KNOW it is not true? Are you not supporting an agency of harm?

How about personal integrity?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/182903/way-truth-best-way-living-no-better-way-can-there-found

• jhine
    jhine
    Makemean and Doubtful are you just swallowing every word from the WT about Christendom ? News flash .... They lie . As others have asked , have you actually , for yourselves , independently , on your own , with no " help " from the WT studied other faith groups ? Have you honestly debated and discussed the Bible seriously with anyone other than a JW ? I sat in on a Bible study today , two Witness ladies and a friend of mine . They had to follow the script from the little book . Then my friend was asked the questions at the bottom of the page , which quite frankly would have insulted the intelligence of a five year old . l asked some free fall questions , what did they think this or that verse meant Could a different meaning be construed ? They just couldn't cope ,one got quite annoyed cus l wouldn't stick to the script . If that is the quality of teaching l worry for you . Jan
  • Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

jhine you make an excellent point. It's perfectly fine to stick to wtbts teachings..... if you don't ever want to think freely.

They are creating a zombie race. Seriously people need to stop waiting for the zombie apocalypse. It's already here and the zombies are Jehovah's Witnesses!!

• Makemeanunbeliever
    Makemeanunbeliever

The OP asked and I answered. Was he just looking for "attaboys" and every viewpoint to be the same? Geesh.

My point is all religions have issues. The issues, even glaring ones, do not define "truth". If I hold a diamond to the light I see the flaws. That doesn't mean it's not a diamond. Besides looking around the creator doesn't have much to work with these days.

PS:I was not raised or born in. I converted at 25. And yes, I did study virtually all religions before converting from Presbyterian.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Personal integrity..... hmmm.....

The JW way of life is all I have ever known, it speaks to me and I understand it fully.

In my complicated situation, I have grown accustomed to viewing/treating the WTBTS as a buffet, taking what I like and avoiding the rest. There is much to be liked and I choose to accentuate that, the very nice social interactions for example.

Good thing my mind is so well compartmenalized that I can find happiness this way. It works for me and so many others trapped inside.

DY

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

If I cared any less about the Bible, what it teaches, God, his purpose for us, the prophets, and any other 'religious' type crap I'd be dead.

The community, personal interactions, the hanging out thing, hubby, parents, extended family, friends, the click, the good times; that's what's important to me.

So I have to play the JW game to keep it all together, so it'll be. I'm quite good at it and, by the looks of it, many others trapped within have become quite experts at it themselves.

DY

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

@ DY I see what your getting at but don't you feel in the slightest that you lying to yourself or maybe not living the way you'd actually Want to live?

It just seems like such a hard thing to stick with something that you know is wrong!!

I was away from meetings for a month and I was really feeling happy again, then my wife bucked a bit and so we went to two meetings in a row. The depression kicked back in and all the anger came rushing back. I hate that so many people are being mislead. It really pisses me off!!

I told her the other day that going to those meetings brought the depression back. She didn't know what to say.

You must be a mighty strong person mentally to be able to find good in something inherently evil.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I'm sorry Doubtfully Yours, I can't think of a polite way of saying how selfish your last two posts sounded.

You're supporting an organisation that has blood on it's hands, that encourages a system where sexual abuse goes unchallenged and that tears families apart through disfellowshipping and shunning.

But hey, so long as you have a nice time with the friends eh?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Doubtfully Yours - "...The community, personal interactions, the hanging out thing, hubby, parents, extended family, friends, the click, the good times; that's what's important to me..."

You realize all that shit's conditional (i.e. not authentic), right?

Doubtfully Yours - "...many others trapped within have become quite experts at it themselves."

Sure, right up until the moment where they have to run silently screaming from the Kingdom Hall or risk a complete nervous f**king breakdown. :smirk:

• jhine
    jhine
    Doubtful , l hadn't realised your situation ., but the last two posters make good points . Everyone who stays in does help to perpetuate the JWorg. Brand . Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit