Disfellowhipped for not wearing facemask?

by Anna Marina 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Overrated
    Overrated

Paint with a 2 inch brush!?! Never heard that one before, but would not surprise me if it came from the creative minds of Watchtower. A bunch of monkeys with typewriters.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

I hope this is just a joke.

No in-person judicial committees are held during this pandemic, only on Zoom that too only if the branch approves it.

• Steel
    Steel

I saw our top dog elder grocery shopping without a mask yesterday. I felt like saying something.

Love thy neighbour

Asshole has a son he hasn’t spoke with in 20 years also. You kind of lose the moral high ground when you endanger people around you imho.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Overrated - the 2 inch paint brush is pretty well known. I think it came from a video that was shown in the halls.

Drearyweather - yes they want to hold an in-person judicial because that is what they want to do. All wearing face masks. But it's not going to happen.

Although this person has done nothing wrong, except question Watchtower doctrine and their unchristian practices, one of the elders got rattled when the "publisher" (or ex-publisher) said they would not wear a face mask, let alone turn up. That's how I understand it.

Steel - I think the elder shared your viewpoint and felt that face mask wearing gave him the moral high ground.

The person rendered the elders silent over and over again by using the scriptures appropriately.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I think Anna Marina has proved herself as a Bona Fide ex Jw on this site and to be taken seriously.

Who are the Elders to dictate to a person to attend a judicial committee and also to dictate they wear a mask ?

Who the bloody hell do they think they are ? Gods chosen ones ? OOPS , THEY DO !

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

so we now learn that this person "questioned" doctrines and practises and declined to attend a J C unless he could be mask free. That is different, we all know where openly disputing beliefs can get you. ....and he said he would not be attending .

Who are the Elders to dictate to a person to attend a judicial committee and also to dictate they wear a mask ?

Actually I can agree with them. Who is this person to insist on his preferences if it could endanger another's health ?

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

BluesBrother they have known for years that this person questoned everything. But they have only now started the df process.

Finding no fault with this one, other than not complying with WT doctrine/being concerned about findings of the Aus Royal Commission, one elder latched onto the refusal to wear a face mask - which would have endangered NO ONE because this one will not be attending the judicial.

That's the stupid thing about all this.

Living by Jesus Christ's standards is important to Christians. Love your neighbour involves keeping them safe. Not living by Jesus' standards is what the elders are doing. By doing this they are attempting to cause separation and division.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    WTWizard - "It could simply be 'brazen conduct'..."

The most useful DFing catch-all the WT Leadership has ever come up with.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I doubt if they would DF a person for doing just that alone .

That would have to come down from the GB heads and stated in Jworg.

Sounds like someone isn't telling the whole story.

• millie210
    millie210

Now it seems like the clearer picture is the authority the elders feel they have.

The mask is just adding fuel to the fire that this person is "non compliant"

This individual should find a creative alternative such as

1) wear a mask

2) demand a zoom meeting

3) or perhaps a 6 foot apart or outdoor meeting

Unless the individual offers reasonable alternatives - he runs the risk of looking, well..... unreasonable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit