Disfellowhipped for not wearing facemask?

by Anna Marina 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Yup - person has done nothing wrong. But they have called a judicial and from what I can tell refusing to wear a facemask is bothering them more than the person not turning up.

So is this new light? If you have been called to a judical please remember to stay safe and wear your personal protective equimpment. But do not rock up wear your breastplate of faith or your helmet of salvation any attempt to do so is a disfellowshipping offense.

• kramer
    kramer

But, this isn’t really true is it?

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

This is anecdotal. I doubt there is any truth to it. No one is DFed for a particular action they do it by saying you are showing a non christian attitude. If someone was talked to about a mask and they got extremely defensive and told the elder to F off they would very well be DFed.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Come off it! We know this could not happen.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

The person that told you that needs some psychiatric help, point them in the right direction.

Elders are not that asinine.

• fulano
    fulano

Take your medication on time Anna Marina.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It could simply be "brazen conduct". They tell someone to give all their material belongings to the washtowel and quit their jobs so they can pious-sneer, or to not prepare in any way for coming shortage and trust in joke-hova, and if they don't, it becomes brazen conduct. Why would not wearing a useless face mask be any different?

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Remember the to need to paint with a 2 inch paint brush if the elder tells you? Well refusing to wear a face mask, let alone not turning up to your judicial is a double whammy as far as someone is concerned.

They have found no fault with this person. The person is willing to be corrected if they find any fault. So far - zero faults identified by body of elders. Except of course you know they'll find fault with not going along with Watchtower rules.

Kramer - surely you know enough about these people to know that something as petty as this does go on in WT-land. Yes I am being a bit jokey about it when I say 'is this new light' - no it isn't. But it is their usual petty making of rules - picking out gnats while gulping down camels and preparing to df someone who has done nothing wrong. Except tell them they are wrong on certain scriptural points and highlight some of their less than Christian actions.

(Matthew 23:23-24) . . .“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you give the tenth of the mint and the dill and the cumin, but you have disregarded the weightier matters of the Law, namely, justice and mercy and faithfulness. These things it was binding to do, yet not to disregard the other things. 24 Blind guides, who strain out the gnat but gulp down the camel. . .

• Overrated
    Overrated

I knew of someone who got DF'd for falling behind and late in paying taxes. Anything goes in Watchtower land.

• fulano
    fulano

I knew of someone who got df’d for speeding. How about that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit