Circuit ASSembly low-lites

by FedUpJW 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

So in an effort to relieve some pressure here are what I term the low-lites of yesterday's ASSembly that I had to endure for the sake of family still in and my progressing fade. Apologies in advance for being pretty long winded.

These may not all be the actual words used, but the ones I use are close, and they pretty well say what was said from the platform.

Right off the bat in the opening prayer the praises of the governing body were spoken. Thanking the g.b. for all the "food at the proper time."

The majority of words I heard in the hour long four part symposium were: threats-attacks-targets-violence-worthless-persecution. Followed by an "experience" of some woman who was a single parent and wanted to go to Beth-hell. She had no job, no money, little food, but the desire to take her two kids on a cross country trip to see world headquarters was important so she prayed, and lo and behold Jehovah took her to Beth-hell. She JUST KNEW he did that when she crossed the bridge and saw the WT sign. (clap clap clap clap) Followed again by words like worthless-can't pioneer. Then the counsel to give to Jehovah, contribute $$$$$. And don't make a habit of watching the news because it is Satan's world so the news will always be bad, and we might hear something that will erode our faith. (pedophiles in the org?)

Mid-morning song. . .followed by only one announcement. "Brothers we can demonstrate our faith in Jehovah by honoring him with our valuable things. Contribution boxes have been placed conveniently throughout the facility so YOU can contribute. Your generous spirit is appreciated."

LUNCH and a chance to get out in some clean air for awhile.

Main talk by C.O. I tuned out most of it. But I did catch the question, "How can we show faith in Jehovah?" The answer was to wait on him to fix any problems we may think we have, and of course listen to the governing body when they give us direction." Then came what I thought was one of the two the biggest WTF moment/comments of the whole day. The C.O. made the statement, "We must listen to the GB and watch Jay Double You dot Org to get the word of Jehovah because that is how he speaks to us, and doing those two things will mean our life."

Mid-afternoon song. . .announcement, "We started off with a $1,000 deficit. We sent $3,500 to the branch. Expenses so far have been $1,500. We have received contributions of $1,100. Contributions have been placed throughout the facility so you can conveniently make your generous voluntary contributions." (Not one thin dime did FedUp give)

Last symposium started off with some kid listening to "bad" music. Got invited to go to a concert by a couple school friends and said okay. Freeze motion. Brother giving part mentioned how listening to good faith building music would protect the young lad. Demo re-started and the young guy this time is listening to JW music. Gets asked to go to concert and offers those two "evil" worldly boys a listen to his JW music "with an up tempo beat." They decline, and he goes the other way. (clap clap clap clap)

Then of course came the obligatory damnation of full time work. Don't take a good job when you can live off the labor and charity of others while waiting for Jehovah to give you part time work. That was followed by a part instructing "faithful" ones not to give too much attention to preserving their lives. After all Jehovah will resurrect you. . .soon, in paradise.

The last C.O. part had the other big WTF moment when he commented about how well everyone took the orders to sit down when the afternoon music started. He was so proud, "he wished he could have taken a picture and sent it to Bro. Splane so he could see how well -------Circuit number -------- listened. But then he realized that it wasn't Bro. Splane they had listened to but Jehovah himself!"

There was the normal shunning=good comment, a brief aside about the possibility of some having to move to congregations in another town to consolidate "use of dedicated funds by reducing the number of KH." Would we show faith and just go where we are told without complaining, even if it is further away? (Wonder how that will get paid for with part-time or no work by illiterate welfare leeches?)

Top attendance was 742, with 4 dunked. Just over one-half of a percent.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Wow what a creepy CA. They will only get much worse as time goes on. Thanks for the report.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"There was the normal shunning=good comment, a brief aside about the possibility of some having to move to congregations in another town to consolidate "use of dedicated funds by reducing the number of KH"

They are setting up Kingdom Halls being sold. In the business world, companies do not sell assets if they are thriving. Hmmm!

We have 2 mega churches withing 5 miles of our home that are adding massive additions on to keep up with the growth. So much for Babylon the great falling.

• baker
    baker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APb1RpfjCrA

I found JT,s explanation interesting as to why there is always a deficit.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

And don't make a habit of watching the news because it is Satan's world so the news will always be bad, and we might hear something that will erode our faith. (pedophiles in the org?)

And we all know, when it comes to guarding our faith, Jehovah's holy spirit is no match against the evening news.

• Worldling9
    Worldling9

Don't watch the news...is this a new thing?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    And don't make a habit of watching the news because it is Satan's world so the news will always be bad, and we might hear something that will erode our faith. (pedophiles in the org?)

Wow. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Never a JW but I am not sure that watching the news is a new thing because when I would mention news events to the "Elder " I would get responses like oh no I didn't see that but normally I only have the weather channel on.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

OR maybe EVERY thing we hear will erode our faith!!!

Hey thank you so much for the reminder of what those time-wasting assemblies consist of. "Come to meetings because you need to come to meetings because you need to come to meetings - because we need money!"

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FEDUPJW:

Here we are in the year 2016 and these idiots in the religion are still railing against full-time jobs??

Anybody who feels that way doesn't deserve any charity from ME.

I'm just glad I ignored this foolishness!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit