Can the cult really fold ?

by Chook 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Chook
    Chook

I had the shocking thought that WT may never die due to its free labor realestate building empire. An the lawyers drain the swamp quicker than the new building program.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

They seem to be changing focus. Scientology in USA changed their model from a controlling cult to a rich empire that doesn't do what it used to. So in that sense, yes, it may never go away. It seems to be changing their model.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ stratchme...

Don't kid yourself.

They're still a controlling cult.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I had the shocking thought that WT may never die due to its free labour real estate building empire.

It`s not going to die, for a reason much worse...

Many JW`s are happy in WatchTower Land.

"Everything Is Under Control."

"GO BACK TO SLEEP."

Image result for jehovahs witnesses

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

There's still way to many brain dead people in the cult. Scientology is down to around 50k members yet they continue. As long as they can control the minds of people they'll be around. When they only have 100k members they'll still be telling those member they have millions of followers somewhere else, whatever it takes to make the money!

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

It could fold but no doubt it will continue on a serious decline into oblivion which may take several decades till it vanishes into complete obscurity.

• fukitol
    fukitol

The only thing that would end the organization is if they went mainstream on their main doctrines re Trinity, immortal soul, etc. That would break up the organization like what happened to Herbert Armstrong's former religion after he died.

Otherwise their influence will just gradually wane and weaken over generations, much like religion in general.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I'm kind of leaning towards this Corporation going belly up due to poor management by a bunch of delusional psychos with almost no business savvy and always too late to read the writing on the wall.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I think it will go bankrupt before it goes into decline. I think there is some pretty good evidence that this is the case.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

fukitol - "...their influence will just gradually wane and weaken over generations..."

I'm fine with that.

Far less likely they'll enjoy a comeback, that way.

:smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit