The 9/8 Awake - Well Crafted Deception!

by metatron 27 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

The Sept. 8, 03 Awake contains an article about a disaster in Ecuador.

On page 14 it says, regarding Witness volunteer efforts, "By Saturday evening,

approximately 200 volunteers from local congregations had sealed the windows of 91

Witness homes. Many non-Witnesses also benefited. A local newspaper carried

a photo of a home worked on by the Witnesses, noting that only one of the eight

occupants was one of Jehovah's Witnesses."

Now, compare this paragraph with Matt. 6: 1-4 :

"Take good care not to practise your righteousness in front of men in order

to be observed by them; otherwise you will have no reward with your Father,

who is in the heavens. Hence, when you go making gifts of mercy, do not

blow a trumpet ahead of you, just as the hypocrites do in the synagogues

and in the streets, that they may be glorified by men. Truly I say to you, They

are having their reward in full. But you, when making gifts of mercy, do not let

your left hand know what your right hand is doing, that your gifts of mercy may

be in secret; then your Father who is looking on in secret will repay you"

Do I have to break it down for you - or do you grasp it immediately?

How much greater is a circulation of 22,700.000 magazines compared to

a single trumpet? What is the purpose of this carefully crafted statement

except to DELIBERATELY DECEIVE naive readers into thinking that

Witnesses actually promote charity towards their neighbors, who God will

all kill Soon! at Armageddon?

Lurkers! Are you lacking in knowledge that you don't know that the Watchtower

Society is coming under legal and political pressure, especially in other countries, and

that they MUST FAKE an interest in public charity - and then advertise it,

in one Awake article after another?

Can you discern that this published fakery is the DIRECT OPPOSITE of what

Jesus wanted --- because it INHIBITS charity by Witnesses, making them

think, "Yeah, we do that stuff, so we're off the hook"?

Do you know where the word "hypocrite" came from? That it originated

from Greek plays in which someone "acted the part"?

Do you need any further evidence that the Watchtower is ruled by fakery

and frauds, who advertise what paltry good deeds are accomplished, to impress

men - and that the cold-hearted, tight-fisted Pharisees, who rule this sick

organization are FAKING their interest in other people --- AND YOU?

metatron

• blondie
    blondie
    A local newspaper carried

a photo of a home worked on by the Witnesses, noting that only one of the eight

occupants was one of Jehovah's Witnesses."

Translation: The wife (mother) is a JW but not her husband and their six unbaptized children. Or the wife is a JW but not her husband, his parents, her parents, and 2 adult siblings.

Second translation: If a family has one JW member in the household, the others will benefit. If all the family are not JWs, so sorry.

Blondie

• proplog2
    proplog2

Metatron:

You are mixing some things up here. There is a difference between an individual promoting HIMSELF and an organization speaking about their good works.

However, I think JW's need to learn as an ORGANIZATION the meaning of the verses prior to the ones you quoted Matt 5:43-47

• rocketman
    rocketman

At first, when I read the quote, I thought that for every 8 homes repaired, only 1 was occupied by a jw. But Blondie nicely points out that that is apparently not the case.

Interesting post Met!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Great post Metatron.

This brought to mind a comment a sister made to me while I was visiting her in Europe a few years ago.

She said that the local bros were being encourged to do more community service. The reason for this was that some in official position were complaining that the Jws do nothing in that regard.

Soon after there was an article in awake featuring Russian witnesses cleaning a local park.

What hipocracy! Helping your neighbor and community should be at the forefront for any christian. But for Jw its only done so they can look good to the world and they can pat themselves on the back.

I hate this organization!!!!!!

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Its always good to see an excellent post by wannaexit.

hawk

• metatron
    metatron

Let's not be naive, proplog

Their motives are transparent. I don't criticise poor people in Ecuador who offer help, just the hypocrites who

exploit their limited charity for their own selfish ends.

or do you really think the Pharisee who offered heralded charity, always blew the trumpet HIMSELF?

More likely, he was part of a group that acted - as the Society does.

metatron

• acsot
    acsot

This reminds me of a local flood here about 15 years ago. In my mother's congregation one of the elder's homes was flooded, his wife was not and still is not a JW. Practically half the congregation showed up at his place to help mop up. The comments I heard from several of the dubs was how this display of "true Christian love" would soften the attitude of the elder's wife and - who knows? - maybe she'd start studying with the dubs.

Well, my guess is that the wife thought:

1. hubby is like a pastor, so of course the congregation would help him out, they're not crazy!

or

2. they’re doing what they’re supposed to be doing, if they really are Christian – “love your neighbour” and all that.

I don’t think she realized they had ulterior motives behind their good works.

Come to think of it, they probably counted their time while they were bailing out the water .

Naturally, when she didn't start a Bible study, the criticising and griping were at warp speed - "what ingratitude"; "she only cares for herself"; "poor Elder so-and-so, he puts up with a lot".

Oh yeah, real love all right.

• Mary
    Mary

Excellent post metatron, and quite true. The Witnesses are ALWAYS tooting their own horn by giving examples of when they "help out" other ones or most notably, they always have a page on the back of the Awake! magazine giving a story of how "someone" in the world lost their wallet and it was returned by an "honest-hearted" Wit-nit, who of course, offers them a home bible study. What's really annoying is that they attempt to give the impression that ONLY Jehovah's Witnesses have ever returned a lost wallet, or any other valuables that have been found.

This was the reason I gave an elder years ago (when I actually went out in Service), when he was threatening encouraging me to turn in a Field Service Report because it would "bring up the Congregation Average." I told him that whatever preaching I did was between Jehovah and myself, and was no one else's business. I also told him that there was no record of any first century christian being forced to report how many hours they spent preaching.

"Take good care not to practise your righteousness in front of men in order to be observed by them; otherwise you will have no reward with your Father, who is in the heavens."

Especially annoying is when they have the pioneers up on the platform at every assembly, bragging about their "work" "in front of men.

Truly I say to you, They are having their reward in full.

Amen.

• undercover
    undercover
    This reminds me of a local flood here about 15 years ago. In my mother's congregation one of the elder's homes was flooded, his wife was not and still is not a JW. Practically half the congregation showed up at his place to help mop up. The comments I heard from several of the dubs was how this display of "true Christian love" would soften the attitude of the elder's wife and - who knows? - maybe she'd start studying with the dubs.

Your story reminded me of when we had tornados in one area where I lived years ago. Many of the friends houses were damaged or lost trees. I remember calling around trying to find a chainsaw to borrow to cut up the trees in our yard. Everyone I talked to said they were heading to Brother Elder's house to help in his clean-up. I thought that he must have gotten hit pretty bad so I headed that way myself. Got over there and he had lost about the same amount of trees that I had. None hit the house. No one was injured. Half the congregation was there cleaning his yard. Funny, nobody called me to see if I needed any help. Oh, wait, I'm not an elder. I don't have any influence in congregational or judicial decisions.

Even the "charity" work amongst the brothers is conditional on position, influence and popularity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit