Saint Jeremy ...

by LoveUniHateExams 13 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon
    That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard. If the government can't deliver on promises, that's nothing to do with the media.

I'll leave these here for you ...

Seems like things will be better off if the UK is not handing over billions to the EU.

Government sources said the increases, which would be paid for in part by a “Brexit dividend”, would amount to around £600m a week extra for the NHS in cash terms within six years.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jun/16/may-to-unveil-20-billion-pound-a-year-nhs-boost

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2018/05/350-million-for-the-nhs-how-the-brexit-bus-pledge-is-coming-true/

Personally, I think "how much money can be spent on the NHS" is the wrong discussion. It should be about medical care, not how much budget can be pissed away because we know how government budgets work and it isn't about being efficient or rewarding good decisions. You could spend all the GDP you have on the NHS and they'd still want more.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Taxpayers are to be asked to help fund a £20bn a year injection of extra cash into the National Health Service by 2023-24 that will pay for thousands more doctors and nurses,

Yes I remember this back in June. Taxpayers will be asked to fund extra cash into the NHS?? I also remember the electorate's reaction. What, hang on, this money for the NHS is coming out of leaving the EU surely? Not out of our pockets!

Don't quote the Guardian in one of LUHE's threads, he hates it you know.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Don't quote the Guardian in one of LUHE's threads, he hates it you know - XD

No, I don't mind.

The Guardian is often good for a laugh. Sometimes when I'm feeling down, I visit the Guardian website for shits n giggles.

And sometimes the Guardian is actually worth linking to because it has something useful to say! :D

Re Brexit - both sides either flat out lied or were 'economical with the truth' ... I voted Leave because I want the UK to be properly independent. If we can spend more on the NHS, great - however much that amount of money will be.

• Simon
    Simon
    Yes I remember this back in June. Taxpayers will be asked to fund extra cash into the NHS?? I also remember the electorate's reaction. What, hang on, this money for the NHS is coming out of leaving the EU surely? Not out of our pockets!

Where do you think the money for the EU came from? Governments don't produce anything, their source of income is the tax-base or selling IOU's (and then printing more money).

Reminds me of the idiots here in Calgary who want to bid on the Olympics and say "we won't have to pay for it all, some of the money will come from the province!". Yeah, that's still money that come from your taxes you feckin' eedjits.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit