JW Carts Cause Thousands to Start Studying!!!

by Drifting Away 31 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The illustration has often been used by witnesses and the society of warning a person in a burning house to "get out"

Would we warn that person of the danger and his impending death by sitting under a tree in a nice park with a small sign?

Or....?

• Life is to short 2
    Life is to short 2

Stuckinarut isn't that what Jonah did with the bottle gourd plant and how did it work out for him according to the GB. I never thought of it that way before.

Where I live they were trying to stand in front of the post offices and that got stopped. I saw one elder doing it before they stopped it and he was on his cell phone the whole time. Whenever anyone came near him he turned his back on them with his phone to his ear.

One of the latest JWTV things say that in San Francisco they have started 100rds of studies this way.

Not where I live they are not starting studies this way. At the local fair this year they also had this huge booth, it would have cost at least a lot per day for the 14 dsys the fair ran. I saw no one go to it, expect JW's

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

There's an xjw in Australia who everytime he sees a JW trolley cart goes up and an introduces himself as a newly baptized brother who got "The Truth" as a result of trolley preaching. After the excitement and hugs he tells them that what made him curious is that they were always silently standing by the trolley cart waiting. He explains that this is what helped him to realize they had "The Truth" and he was won over without a word just like the Bible said would happen. He tells them that had they approached him or made contact with him he would have ignored them and passed on.

The lesson he teaches all JW trolley preachers is:

1. Do not initiate conversations

2. Do not make eye contact

3. Stand away from the trolley cart

4. Let the angels, who ultimately have the commission to preach, draw like minded ones to the "waters of truth"

5. Do not offer any literature (books or magazines) but rather let the passerby raise the subject

6. It is more effective than door knocking

Net result: Zero conversion rate but more mindless JW Watchtower zombies standing still, talking to no one, making no placements, waiting for the end of the world while sipping from a coffee cup in their hand.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

jwleaks it seems that's the training JWs a.ready get for how to behave at carts anyway, they don't need any apostates to tell them that's how to do it.

• Landy
    Landy

I saw one last week at a major tourist spot, hundreds of people milling around and not one went near the cart.

We were there for an hour or so and the JWs manning the cart spent most of the time playing with their phones.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Maybe shorter skirts are the answer.

• fukitol
    fukitol

I literally have to hold myself back from expressing my contempt for these carts. They are utterly vomit inducing, contemptible, cult scum of the most wimpy, peddling variety imaginable.

Even the Hare Krishnas have the balls to say hello to you and try and engage you, unlike the wimps standing next to the JW carts.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Who is the Cart Master, who introduced this pathetic operation. One of the GB or one of their lapdogs! Someone must have clout to get this out there. Have anyone ever seen GB member stood mute, not suited to cart work as they appear to be suffering from new light diarrhoea ,

Do carts need permits or can anyone start one? Get Jehovah's-witness.com cart going stood next to the orgs!

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972
    They have started carting in my home town recently. Every Monday morning. I was down the town on Monday and saw one of the tracts on the floor...ripped up. Best thing for them really.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Do carts need permits or can anyone start one?

just what i was thinking as i read this thread.

first pic shows a cart obstructing the pavement outside a supermarket / post office

that was last summer--not seen it there since.

next pic is a cart occupying a dirty doorway of a closed-down shop. doesnt it look uninviting ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit