JW Carts Cause Thousands to Start Studying!!!

by Drifting Away 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Drifting Away
    Drifting Away

I would love to know the stats of how many hours were spent, standing by a cart, or sitting at a local town fair with JW Table tent set up, compared to the number of Bible studies started that led to Baptism since the inception of the carts. Anyone have any idea? If I had to guess I would say Thousands of Hours pent standing by a cart, and maybe less then 5 that actually got Baptized. Anyone else care to take a guess?

This is a great tactic to say we have spent Millions of hours preaching and "throwing out", I mean Placing Literature.

• Room 215
    Room 215

I can't think of a less productive way of disseminating a dire "join us or face imminent death" message than by standing mutely alongside a literature cart like the old Cigar Store Indian (I wonder how many cigars those Indians sold, anyway.)

• Drifting Away
    Drifting Away

Room215 , Those old cigar stands make nice conversation pieces these days...Perhaps there is hope for those carts..

• Heaven
    Heaven

These carts have been out for a while now. I have yet to see one of these in my neck of the woods.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

The WT know that house to house preaching is no longer something they can talk people into. They know that people in general are aware of who/what they are. They are now making money in real estate.

What that means is that they can afford the luxury of letting their people slack. They are not depending on hardcore outreach anymore at the same time that they can make preaching less scary to people.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

from my observations of the carts--in 2 different towns-----the dubs only seem to talk to other dubs.

• sir82
    sir82

My impression is that 90% or more of "cart witnessing" interaction consists of other JWs recognizing the cart & going up to the "on-duty" JWs and conversing with them.

9% is lapsed / inactive JWs who see the cart, feel guilty (what a surprise!) and approach the JWs.

1% (probably much less) is random people walking up and interacting with the JWs.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

It is just more busy work.

• blondie
    blondie

My husband works where there are several carts. He waves or smiles if he knows them but keeps walking, doesn't stop. If he doesn't know them or they don't recognize him, he keeps walking.

He's "only" inactive; so they smile or wave back.

He never sees them talking to anyone but each other.

• freddo
    freddo

I have not heard of one witness cart encounter progress to bible study and progress to baptism in our circuit since the trolleys began operating. You'd think it would be all over a circuit assembly as an example wouldn't you?

(Cups hands and shouts into ear) HELLO? McFLY! (Knock, knock on head) IT'S A WASTE OF TIME!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit