Ford versus Ferrari

by jhine 21 Replies latest social entertainment

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i'm a brummie too. Sutton was named after me!

• jhine
    jhine

A Brummie is someone born in Birmingham , Staffordshire . Most residents of Sutton Coldfield like to think that they are posh and disassociate themselves from Brum , right Stan ?

Please guys don't give away any more of the plot , let folks see it for themselves .

Jan

• cofty
    cofty
    jhine - I agree it's an excellent film. I love motorsport and there was plenty action to keep me happy. Mrs C also enjoyed the great characters and personal drama. HIghly recommend.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

A Brummie is someone born in Birmingham , Staffordshire . Most residents of Sutton Coldfield like to think that they are posh and disassociate themselves from Brum , right Stan ?

absolutely.

definition of sex in Sutton Coldfield----?

= the big bag things their coal is delivered in.

• stan livedeath
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

My mothers maiden name was Sutton ,is there any connection with what you guys are talking about?

Just asking.

• LV101
    LV101

I didn't realize the Shelby wasn't always a Ford product - not that I know much about cars. I noticed one in the 90s and was told they weren't being produced for sale. They are manufactured right in LV, NV -- interesting.

• jhine
    jhine

l suspect that Stan was joking , perhaps you can elaborate Stan .

Jan

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Plus anyone who uses the phrase "all around the Wrekin" has brummie aspirations.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Spoiler alert.

Ken Miles was a legend and the GT40 he helped build also. That circuit Le Mans in France is a ridiculously fast track, and even faster in the old days before they divided the long straight into three sections with two chicanes. Just white knuckle shit in those old cars.

I don’t think they know for certain what went wrong in the accident that killed him, but those who new him say it wouldn’t been have been driver error. His shocking death got Ford into developing driver safety technology in race cars that made it vastly safer for those who followed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit