Ford versus Ferrari

by jhine 21 Replies latest social entertainment

• jhine
    jhine

So after the unqualified success of my last review ( Green Book ) l thought that l would try again . l went to see Ford versus Ferrari / Le Mans 66 according to where you live .

Now l am no petrol head and talk of motor racing usually makes my eyes glaze over but this film is about much more than laps on a circuit . The human drama behind the scenes is fascinating and l really think that Christian Bale as Ken Miles should get some sort of recognition .

So if you are not a fan of motor racing you can still enjoy this film and l did find it very entertaining .

Jan

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

is this a remake of le mans with steve mcqueen in ?

• jhine
    jhine

No , this is based on the true story of the attempt by Ford Motors to build a car to beat Ferrari at the 1966 Le Mans .

lt stays quite true to the actual events only abridging them to get them into what is still over 2 hours of film . 99% 0f the characters are real people and it is , I M H O , a really good watch .

Jan

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Apparently the driver selected by Ford was actually a Brummie!

• jhine
    jhine

Yes actually from Sutton Coldfield , so as a Brummie myself that is a tick straight away .

Jan

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Giant Ferrari fan here, cant wait to see it!

• Simon
    Simon

I love seeing any racing where Ferrari get beat, the last F1 race in Brazil where they managed to take each others cars out was spectacular.

Looks like a good movie and an interesting story - Ford was part way through buying Ferrari (via the parent company) when Enzo nixed the deal, so Ford was determined to then beat them on track and turned to Shelby to help. They built a car based on a UK one and it's since become iconic.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Man Simon - we agree on nothing.

• tiki
    tiki

Native New Englander USA here......what is a Brummie?

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

Screw Farrari. Over priced small penis car.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit