New way to fade?

by dothemath 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dothemath
    dothemath

A brother in a local congregation has successfully faded, no announcements or judicial hearings that anyone has heard of.

His immediate family are all out, but they have lots of family still in.

If he had joined another religion, or the army, or put up Christmas lights, likely the elders would be hounding them like crazy.

But no, he has accepted evolution(it seems to be common knowledge).

I would have thought this would be a disfellowshipping offense, but lots of time has passed, and they just leave them all alone.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I have taken a similar fade. i have no need to preach what I believe to the JWS. If anyone questions my beliefs they are told "I believe everything I know to be true". The end.

Some people knew at one point about me being atheist and it got around. A lot of family shunned me, but no actions. I really think the organization has hit an apex and is going to start declining, that being said I don't think the bro's are chomping at the bit to kick people out, on the contrary they may be getting a little nervous.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There so many variables to who gets hounded and Dfed in this religion. such as does the person have a marriage partner who is still attending , what they are doing if they still attend occasionally, what the elders are like in the congregation and how much they want to show their righteousness (power) to the faith. ..... newbies

I've known certain elders who intentionally wanted to seek out individuals who they could DFed

On the fence types, who attend meetings only.

Speaking about and supporting evolution or coming out saying your an atheist is one way to quickly notify yourself as not being interested in being a JWS.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Lots of people quit with out being hounded, if asked many say thier scared of large crowds of people etc. I think if you don't say any thing they'll leave you alone, because what can they do? Only those that admit stuff while meeting with the elders run the chance at being dfd.
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Generally its a matter off the radar, off the books. The problem arises if you rub their noses in their own excrement.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Suppose a long time faithful person experiences some personal tragedies and expresses to the eldubs his disbelief in God. He basically no longer believes in a God or that God is interested in people.

Is there the possibility that this person would be left alone?

• GoodGuyGreg
    GoodGuyGreg

@Darkknight757:

Funnily enough, according to the last conversation I had on the topic of my relationship with the congregation, with an experienced elder and our CO at the time; doubt or lack of faith is not a disfellowshipping offense. As @Wasanelder once hinted at, though: if you start rubbing people's noses in the differences between your views, the elders will be forced to "protect the congregation" expediently.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Basically if you admit to believing anything Non-JW, or contrary to JW's teaching, is grounds for a JC and perhaps disfellowshipping. Apostasy.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Ironically, atheist thoughts are not a big worry to elders as long as you dont 'proselytize' them...they wont even badger you much about meeting attendamce. If you start believing in different doctrine tho, from reading the Bible with eyes open, then you are in trouble, better take extra care to fade quietly and better move if you want to join another church.
    Disbelief in God--sad shame but whatever.Belief in God, but not their interpretation: Get this wicked person out!!!
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I told believe in evolution and that didn't seem to bother them. I told then I didn't believe in truth or God and that didn't bother them either. They freaked when I mentioned 1914 though so I backed off on that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit