Do Not Call List Does the Job

by willyloman 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• willyloman
    willyloman

This just in:

Do Not Call List Brings Telemarketers to Their Knees

From MSNBC News

In the past three months, the hallways at Groesbeck-based Tel-A-Sell Marketing Inc. have become a lot less crowded. CEO Edd O’Connor has been forced to trim his telemarketing staff from 72 to 18. “I was running a full house earlier this year,” said O’Connor, who also serves as president of the American Teleservices Association’s Great Lakes Chapter...

One of the big reasons for the cuts: the chilling effects of the National Do Not Call Registry and other similar efforts in statehouses across the country.
    A month into the sign-ups for the federal Do Not Call list, nearly 30 million phone numbers across the
    have been registered for the list. That number could double by the time the list takes effect on Oct. 1.

Just imagine...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I don't understand why he is complaining... the "Do Not Call" list should make his job much easier. Instead of having to call all of the people who clearly do not want to be called, he can concentrate on the ones who do.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Yeah, but if JW's had a national Do Not Call list and an 800 number and they had this same response, Witnesses would have a lot less to do too. But how happy would the WTS would be about it?

• shamus
    shamus

Witnesses need to do a better job at their "do not calls". When they recieve a DNC notice, they don't call for 1 year, then call again to "update records".... PAALEASE!

Geeks. Why can't they get fined for doing that????

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I have no sympathy for the telemarketers. Long live the do-not-call list!!

• shamus
    shamus

I hate them too!

When they call, I just say no thank you and never call here again. When they say "i'll have to give you the 1-800 number to call," I just tell them they can call it, and they had better never call here again!

I refuse to call their "main branch" to get off their calling list.

Things are different in the great white north.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Shamus: You have more energy than I. Now I simply hang up. Most of the time they mispronounce my last name... a dead giveaway.

• KGB
    KGB

Horrayyyy, I'm on that Do Not Call List and I no longer have to hang the phone up on people and my temper stays much cooler these day's because they do not know the meaning of NO THANK YOU !!!!!

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Unbelievably the other day I told the person I was not interested, they persisted so I hung up. They called BACK and told my wife I was rude! Where do they get these morons? Unfortunately the limitations of the DNC program have allowed charities, political campaigning and religious proselytizing unchecked. So anyone selling religious books or begging for money is not effected by the new regulation.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    They called BACK and told my wife I was rude!

Yep, I've had that happen once.

I'm the primary IT person at my job and get a lot of sales calls. Usually I don't take them, but one persistent guy was calling too often so I finally took it. He was trying to sell me remanufactured toner cartridges... something we are definitely not interested in. He said I was biased against those things because I had a bad experience in the past. (Duh!) I told him I don't respond to high pressure sales tactics. He said I was stupid and hung up. LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit