Oh the irony! The elder, a car accident, and me....

by stuckinarut2 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hecce
    Hecce

Thanks

An uplifting experience.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

At least you stopped. Very good on your part.

I was broke down along a little travelled road and stood by the car with my hood up. A brother and his wife passed on their way to the KH and saw us but kept going. That was more ammunition for me.

A loveless bunch of unchristian people.

You however, showed true Christian love whether you believe or not.

• Tallon
    Tallon

@ stuckinarut2

You showed this couple what any civilised person would do in coming to the aide of people in need.

Great job and well done.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks stuck,

I never thought about that aspect of the Parable of the Good Samaritan, of course, in Jesus day, the Samaritans would have been the worst kind of Apostates as far as Jews were concerned, yet Jesus uses one as an example of true human kindness, just as you displayed.

Well done, and may we all be like you, spontaneously kind, and above all, normal humans !

• Ding
    Ding

I wonder if the question will occur to him as to whether he would have stopped and helped you if the situation had been reversed.

• Island Man
    Island Man

EXPERIENCE AT NEXT JW CONVENTION:

Speaker: Brother JW, tell us how Jehovah has proven to be an unexpected source of help to you in your time of need.

Brother JW: Well Br. Speaker it was back in 2016. The family and I were driving on the way back from [such and such place] and we suddenly had a mechanical problem and ended up in an accident.

Speaker: Wow! What a predicament to find yourselves in. What did you do?

Brother JW: Well we immediately said a quick prayer to Jehovah and no sooner had we finnished praying and this car pulled up to the side of us and an individual came out to offer assistance. What was particularly remarkable was that this individual is someone who had made himself an enemy of Jehovah's people by abandoning the truth.

Speaker: You mean an apostate? Jehovah answered your prayer with an apostate?

Brother JW: That's right Br. Speaker, Jehovah actually used an apostate to offer us help in our time of need. This has really helped me appreciate even more the rich meaning behind the name of our God - "He Causes to Become." He can even cause your enemies to become a source of help to you in a time of trial. It reminded me too of the scripture at Proverbs 16:7 which says:

When Jehovah is pleased with a man’s ways, He causes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Br. Speaker, my family and I certainly believe we have experienced the truthfulness of this scripture.

[Rapturous applause from audience]

Hey, it could happen. It really could! It could happen because of how deluded JWs are and because of the fact that the bible is a big book filled with diverse cherries to pick from. There is a cherry in there to rationalize just about every position imaginable.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

"But it did make me wonder whether he feels bad for maligning my name or spreading gossip for two years?"

By your decency and without saying a word, you made him experience what it says at Proverbs 25:21,22.

21. If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; And if he is thirsty, give him water to drink; 22 For you will heap burning coals on his head and the Lord will reward you.

If these folks have even a shred of decency, they'll be thinking about their past actions toward you and hopefully others he's treated in a similar way

• Wayward
    Wayward

Whatever that elder says or does, you did the right thing. "Return evil for evil to no one but pay back evil with good." Whatever your beliefs, its just basic human decency to want to help someone in need. Its a lesson the JWs could stand to learn.

Something similar once happened to me. A couple years after I went totally inactive, I came across a car stalled at the side of the road. Turns out it was a carload of JWs out in service whose crappy old car had finally give out. (Damn that Satan!) So I pulled over and offered to take the group back to my house, not even a quarter mile down the road, to wait for a ride or drive them back to the hall if they preferred (four or five miles out of my way). They chose the hall so I dropped them off there. One of the group was an elder who thanked you-know-who for sending me. No, I just happened to be passing by on a road I drove every day and stopped to help, like any decent person would.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies!

A few questions were raised by ones here:

Is the "we" and "us" referring to my wife and I? Yes. We are both out, and while I respect my wife's journey may be a little different to mine, she does see the society more for what it is. In fact she used the expression in a conversation "that was when I used to drink the cool-aid" a while back!

Also, Island man's idea of how it could be spun in an "experience" is fantastic! I can see that happening now! Funny.

Oh someone asked "if this good account of me would have been spread as well amongst witnesses"? Well, I know for a fact that the field service group who were out the very next morning were talking of the families accident, but NO comment was said about the fact that I helped them. The one brother who still talks to me was keenly telling me the account of their accident until I said "yes, I know...I was there" (and told him the rest). He said "we didn't hear about you". In fact that group of witnesses walked right past my home that very next morning while doing the territory! I was in the front yard gardening, and NO ONE even looked over...

Oh and others asked "what if the roles were reversed?" Well, many will have seen my post some months back that I was on the side of the road, and a carload of witnesses I have known for decades drove right past!

• Zoos
    Zoos
    sir82 He won't forget your kindness.

He won't forgive you for it either, because now you have put a knot in his brain and he can't get it out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit