Whom shall we follow for Bible-based truths?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Watchtower February 15, 1981, pages 16-19

Do We Need Help to Understand the Bible?

True, the brothers preparing these publications are not infallible. Their writings are not inspired as are those of Paul and the other Bible writers. (2 Tim. 3:16) And so, at times, it has been necessary, as understanding became clearer, to correct views. (Prov. 4:18) However, this has resulted in a continual refining of the body of Bible-based truth to which Jehovah’s Witnesses subscribe. Over the years, as adjustments have been made to that body of truth, it has become ever more wonderful and applicable to our lives in these “last days.” Bible commentators of Christendom are not inspired either. Despite their claims to great knowledge, they have failed to highlight even basic Bible truths —such as the coming Paradise earth, the importance of God’s name, and the condition of the dead.

Rather, the record that the “faithful and discreet slave” organization has made for the past more than 100 years forces us to the conclusion that Peter expressed when Jesus asked if his apostles also wanted to leave him, namely, “Whom shall we go away to?” (John 6:66-69) No question about it. We all need help to understand the Bible, and we cannot find the Scriptural guidance we need outside the “faithful and discreet slave” organization.

So, after admitting that the preparers of the Watchtower publications are not infallible, not inspired, need to correct, refine, adjust their Bible-based truths and that Bible commentators of Christendom are not inspired either, the question is asked, ''Whom shall we go away to?'' Who will help us understand the Bible and guide us Scripturally?

Jesus ..who has sayings of everlasting life? NOPE!

Whom? The continually refining and always adjusting ''faithful and discreet slave'' organization!

66 Because of this, many of his disciples went off to the things behind+and would no longer walk with him. 67 So Jesus said to the Twelve: “You do not want to go also, do you?” 68 Simon Peter answered him: “Lord, whom shall we go away to?+ You have sayings of everlasting life.+ 69 We have believed and have come to know that you are the Holy One of God.”

• User99
    User99

This is one of their teachings that convinced me to realize TTATT. If the light continually gets brighter, then why are there flip-flops in doctrinal teachings? For instance, the superior authorities understanding had changed, then changed again, and then change back, a number of times. If the light continually got brighter, there would be no flip-flops.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Whom shall we follow for Bible-based truths?

Hmmm, how about the people who gave us the bible? Wouldn't it make perfect sense to ask the people who gave the world the bible for direction in it's meaning?

If I were to ask a person about the book 'Insight into the scriptures', should I ask a Mormon or a Muslim or the WTS? Of course, it's a WTS book. They would be the best to direct me to it's meaning.

If I want to know about the bible, I ask the folks who gave the world the bible. Sorry, but it's the Catholics

guess what. Not the WTS

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

"Faithful and discrete slave organization"? Jesus, that's so creepy, an organization of slaves? I mean how else do you read that, I don't think the author meant it that way but it sure... unsettles me, even if it's pretty accurate.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Luke 6:43,44 ~ “No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. 44 Each tree is recognized by its own fruit."

Child abuse cover ups.

Broken families due to disfellowshipping doctrine.

Deaths from the unscriptural ban on refusing transfusions.

Conscientious objectors serving prison time vs. alternative service.

How much leaven do you need to be convinced? (Gal. 5:9)

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

R and R

First problem is that we have to assume that there is such a thing as "Bible based truths". The Bible is Hebrew mythology at best!

just saying!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Show me one scripture that talks about or says paradise earth!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

The importance of gods made up name?! Is also a bible truth?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Interesting how the Org really puts some thought in their pictures.

All GB members with happy smiles on their face sitting around the table, attentively listening in agreement. Everybody holding a bible, Jackson holding maybe Kingdom Interlinear version to make sure all is right, one of them typing on a laptop what will eventually be the publications.

What horseshit. Probably the opposite of what really happens.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Who Is Leading God’s People Today?

The Watchtower—Study Edition | February 2017

12 The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction. In fact, the Watch Tower Publications Index includes the heading “Beliefs Clarified,” which lists adjustments in our Scriptural understanding since 1870. Of course, Jesus did not tell us that his faithful slave would produce perfect spiritual food. So how can we answer Jesus’ question: “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave?” (Matt. 24:45) What evidence is there that the Governing Body is filling that role? Let us consider the same three factors that directed the governing body in the first century.

Watchtowers from the 1800’s until the present; the Governing Body today

Since its appointment in 1919, the faithful slave has prepared spiritual food for God’s people.

In this Watchtower study, the Governing Body finally admits that they are neither inspired nor infallible, make mistakes in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction. They have made adjustments since the 1870s. Who said that the ''spiritual food'' had to be perfect? ( Whatever that means!)

The article tries to show evidence on why the Governing Body is filling the role of the ''faithful and discreet slave.''

Paragraph:

13 Evidence of holy spirit.

14 Evidence of angelic assistance.

15 Reliance on God’s Word.

After reading this whole article, you will begin to understand all the reasons why Jehovah shouldn't use this organization to direct his people.

The internet has finally caught up to all their lies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit