If anybody tells you that the end is so close

by pepperheart 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

Ask them why the GB has spent millions of people hours buiding the new bethels in new york and london rather than them working door to door or on the trolleys

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS has been selling " The End " since the late 1800's, it has made this religious publishing house millions, which until just recently turned into billions in real estate transactions. $$$$

The WTS has shown a little fear mongering goes a long way. $$$$

• fukitol
    fukitol

The Watchtower Society has so many documented failed predictions about the end of the world that we have kind of moved on from having to justify why they are wrong yet again. A quick Google search will show many dozens of quotes from the Watchtower since its inception in 1874 that shows what a failure it is in this regard.

It has no credibility whatsoever in this respect, and is not deserving of further responses to repeated presumptuous prognostications about the so-called end of the system being imminent.

Pay no attention to ignorant brainwashed men who self-proclaim themselves to be Gods channel on earth, unless you are an incredulous, gullible sucker.

• George One Time
    George One Time

I always remember them that the Biblestudents before 1914 were very sure about living in the last days. And that 1914 was supposed to be the end of the last days. If they allow me I mention the talk of brother Rutherford: "Millions now living will never die" (1920). Then I just smile.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

its a loop pepperheart. Living in the presence of the divine is not of their making - what I mean is that they are responding to something from the wreckage of life - and it isn't a bad place to be if it gives a person hope and peace and allows them to dream of a better place. of course all the bad things that happen to people won't be prevented from happening but at least this divine place of presence preserves all the wreckage and the wrecked ones so that nothing is lost.

this is what I tell myself regarding my extended family who believe in it wholeheartedly so that I can have some peace of mind and enjoy what they have when I am with them.

btw I am not a theist but am trying to make a very secular outlook with a little Belgian/British philosophy

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    pepperheart
    Ask them why the GB has spent millions of people hours buiding the new bethels in new york and london rather than them working door to door or on the trolleys

When they tell me how soon the end ist, my answer is: "I will come back soon".

• blondie
    blondie

I don't have access to my cd right now, but in the past the WTS has said that these buildings will survive into the new system to be the foundation of the new government on earth, WTS governing.

• robertciranko
    robertciranko

Whenever someone tells me that the end is near, I ask the person one question:

"If you focus on the fact that the end is near and you are thinking mainly about a reward from God, is in fact you support the reasoning of Satan, which says that a person (for example, Job) serves God only for the benefits?"

It is a question enough biblical and innocent at the same time, you can ask them freely, even forcing someone to think and not fearing that you'll be accused of apostasy.

• dogon
    dogon

I have found arguing with a dubbers is about the same as trying to convince a brick wall of something. It is a complete wast of time and energy and exercise in futility. I do not even engage them any more. Its part of growing past them. Although I am still interested in where they are in belief and practice I.E why I am here. I was at a flea market yesterday and go three times a month. Every time they have a booth set up and its the only booth that no one engages with. Once in a while you will see the odd snow bird who is a dubber talking to them but for the most part no one wants to talk and they sit in the back of their set up booth and eat and talk among themselves. They are losers.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    blondie
    I don't have access to my cd right now, but in the past the WTS has said that these buildings will survive into the new system to be the foundation of the new government on earth, WTS governing.

*** jv chap. 20 p. 339 Building Together on a Global Scale ***

Building work is being done by Jehovah’s Witnesses because of needs that exist now in connection with preaching the good news. With the help of Jehovah’s spirit, they want to give the greatest witness possible during the time that remains before Armageddon. They are convinced that God’s new world is very close at hand, and they have faith that they will survive as an organized people into that new world, under the rule of God’s Messianic Kingdom. It is also their hope that perhaps many of the fine facilities that they have built and dedicated to Jehovah will continue to be used after Armageddon as centers from which knowledge of the only true God can be diffused until it truly fills the earth.—Isa. 11:9.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit