Hypocritical Tyndale video

by neat blue dog 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Magnum
    Magnum
    StephaneLaliberte: I remember, identifying such hypocrisy when I was "in"; however, I didn’t understand at the time how serious it actually was. I’d go on believing that such small harms were offset by all the “good fruits” the watchtower was doing.

ME, TOO!!! I thought the same thing. It just didn't seem right, but I excused it for the same reasons you did.

• waton
    waton

The way wt had the flames showing again at the end makes me think it is actually a warning to dissenters, who are making the facts public, that they will have a painful end.

There was also a goof, you can not be strangled [to death] and then be burned alive.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

When I got df'd, someone said of me, 'you've been Tyndaled.'

As others have said, you can't help thinking that if we were in the 1500s the congregations would be stirred up to do unthinkable things to us. I know the members of the WT say they would not get involved in carrying arms etc. But I know an elder who was very keen to kill people in this system of things. He used to say this from the platform until he was told not to. I think he is still an elder and imagine he still expresses that belief to this day.

I was df'd for saying 1914 was wrong. He wasn't df'd for what he said and I told London Bethel what he was saying. So what did they do? They sent my letter to him. Then they sent my letter to his friend in a sister congregation (of my ex-cong).

Then, that elder who privately confessed to me that 50% he said from the platform is rubbish, asked me, "what have you got against my friend?" He said it in a threatening tone.

JW Elder Confesses 50% He Says From The Platform Is Rubbish

I didn't have anything against his friend but what his friend was saying wasn't Christian.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Jesus didn’t say, “A good tree produces at least 75% fine fruit to offset the bad fruit. By the fact that they have a higher percentage of good fruit you will recognize them.”

Yet somehow that’s what JWs believe.. 🤔

DD

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Neat blue dog said - Fun fact: The exact same "crime" results in the same thing among Jehovah's Witnesses, resulting in figurative death, or disfellowshipping.

John Wycliffe, Jan Hus, John Knox, William Tyndale, Luther and doubtless many more were labelled apostates, and as such paid a high price for challenging the status quo. Their crime was in effect calling the ruling class to account. The greatest apostate of all time would have to be Jesus Christ himself, an apostate from Judaism. The take away from this is the term apostate is no more than a weaponised slur designed by the bullies to marginalise those telling inconvenient truths.

RB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit