Transferring Congregations

by optimisticskeptic 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gone for good
    gone for good

Changing congregations...?! ...the perfect opportunity to disappear and never care again what the a$$holes do or say

• sir82
    sir82

Oh, the reason for the "reproof" will definitely be given in your letter of introduction. So your new congregation can "help" you in that area, of course.

Thus, your "private" reproof will be known about by all the elders, elders' wives, and elders' golf buddies (and their wives) by not just one, but two congregations!

So, instead of 40 or 50 people knowing of your "sin", there will be 80, 100, or more who know about it.

What - you thought "private reproof" was really "private"?

• jws
    jws

gone for good wrote:

Changing congregations...?! ...the perfect opportunity to disappear and never care again what the a$$holes do or say

How does this work? Could he go to the internet find some random congregation 1000 miles from where he's moving and tell his local elders this is where he's going?

They send the records. Fake new congregation says WTF is this? Old congregation thinks all is well. He disappears. If the fake congregation ever contacts the original and you show up back in that town, you just say oops, you wound up living in a different area, should have sent it <here>. Works if it's a big town with multiple congregations.

Or, do we have anybody who knows what one of these letters looks like? Same plan, but he mails a fake letter to the new congregation from the city where he lives now. Old congregation thinks he moved to NYC, he's really in LA. LA gets the fake letter with a stellar record, he's good to go.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I didn't have time to read all of the above, but WTS instructions are (or at least used to be) that IF YOU ARE STILL ON RESTRICTIONS then the new Cong is to be advised that you are still restricted, as they will be the BOE to determine when your restrictions are removed. However, IF ALL RESTRICTIONS HAVE ALREADY BEEN REMOVED by your existing Cong, then there should be no mention of the reproof to the new Cong.

That means nothing really really because most Elders don't bother to know the rules.

Doc

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Would all the service and comments be forwarded electronically to new cong with an overview?? and in Canada, would that be legal ?? We do have a privacy policy here..

If you go to the doctor or dentist or whatever, you are required to sign a form allowing them to share information with insce companies, etc... I cannot remember that I ever signed such a form for being a witness to have my private information sent to those I do not know...

Brothers be damned = with all the bad stuff coming out now.. who knows how it will be used.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Move to another more distant cong and use a false name....an option.

• optimisticskeptic
    optimisticskeptic

Well sounds like I could be in the clear. I think the reproof was around 4-5 years ago. My privileges were restored in 6-12 months. I haven't done anything to irritate anyone. Meeting attendance or field service is sometimes a bit sporadic but generally regular. I have good relationships with most in the congregation. I'd say the only problem elder has already gone to another congregation so he's not of concern anymore.

• RolRod
    RolRod

As far as I'm aware, EVERYTHING goes. In fact, the elders within both congregations will eventually talk. Your new elders will no doubt want to know personally from your old elders what type of person you are.

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

In a perfect world they won't say anything to the new congregation, but I wouldn't count on it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit