Who copied who when it comes to the website logo?

by oppostate 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

They mainly use blue, but if I recall correctly, when they first launched the new jw.org website, it was a green logo.

I think they went to blue for the umbrella brand and reserved the alternate colors for different products: JW Language app is now green, JW Library app is Purple, etc.

See: The Wayback Machine Capture right after the launch with Green as the primary color.

https://web.archive.org/web/20130701070835/http://www.jw.org/en/

• Londo111
    Londo111

It is hardly unique. I used to work for a company whose logo was their initials set in a blue box...this was back in the late 90's. It doesn't take a genius to come up with.

• steve2
    steve2

It is hardly unique. I used to work for a company whose logo was their initials set in a blue box...this was back in the late 90's. It doesn't take a genius to come up with.

Well said Londo. The big noise JW organization made when it "launched" JW.org was laughable, among other mirth-inducing points was their highlighting the use of a "new" specially designed font for the logo and - at about the same time - a new font for the revised NWT. Whoop-dee sh*t.

I suppose you could argue that, from a legal viewpoint, to publicize such design efforts would reduce the likelihood that another domain or site would accuse JW organization of using an already existing copyrighted logo design and font.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Tempest in a teacup, much ado about nothing.

I remember being criticized for using technology, especially keeping publisher records on software, making it easier to generate requested reports. Brothers criticized for having the bible and literature on a laptop. Even not having scripture printouts for the WT "study." Now, all that is out the window. I was 10 years ahead of Jehober's slow-assed Edsel, I mean chariot.

Snakes (rich)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit