Question? How Many Hours of Field Service Does it Take

by new boy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme

7,198 hours per convert based on 2017 numbers.

So if you pioneer for 11 years, you might get one.

2,046,000,202 / 284,212

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Well actually it does not matter. The two numbers are not really related because most of converts are not coming from preaching.

In other words you can be a publisher for 20 years and not make any convert, then one day a brother asks you if you want a bible study with someone he knows or family. You accept, and you study with this person until he gets baptized, and technically you have made a convert, but has nothing to do with preaching.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I'm pretty sure there's a page about this on jwfacts, you should go there. Paul Grundy knows his stuff.

• steve2
    steve2

What john.prestor said:

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I was a JW for 33 years and along with my wife we potentially brought 8 family members in the "struth" never a person in our D2D ministry .

Thankfully all are out except 1 niece who shuns us all.

I`m sure there are millions like us who went from D2D for many ,many years and never brought one person into the "struth" in the D2D work.

If I was Jehovah/Jesus I would sack all of the GB for not getting the job done and producing results that matter in preaching in all of the inhabited earth and making disciples .

They have failed dismally in not preaching in all of the inhabited Earth and they have failed dismally in converting many people in there D2D work.

The bulk of there baptisms nowadays are from family members and not worldly converts .

• zeb
    zeb

In my time i learned that the majority of new ones were as you all say from within families the figure i recall was apx 40%. Therefore all that driving/cost over great distances for country witnessing was for nought and on that consideration when say 5 brothers went country witnessing they all recorded the hours so 5 x 6 =30 hours filled in and submitted so the entire fs hours thing is sheer bunk..

and,

In a court case in Victoria the wt legal delegate stated that the wts does not, nor does any servant or elder require the recording of hours. This resulted in a massive ..HUH! from the jw in the gallery so it was another lie by the wt.

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme

Also factor stuff from my experience as a Pio when it was 90hrs a month.

How much of that time was spent, BSing in the car with my other young guy Pios.

How much was driving to a RV knowing they wont be home on one side of town, to then go to another RV on the other side of town you also know isnt gonna be home.

How much of that is from sitting in coffee shops for an hr but taking off 15 min instead of all the time.

So 2 billion hours preaching. Yea funny:)

• new boy
    new boy

It looks like in the year 2018 it took 13,880 hours of preaching to create on new convert.

However as was all know the vast amount of new converts are "born ins" I would guess as high as even 80% if this is true it would take 55,520 of hours of field service activity to find one new non "born in" member.

Or basically someone going out in field service for 8 hours a day for over 19 years to find one new fool to join this group!

Cool aid anyone?

• Maria Nieves
    Maria Nieves
    Why do Jehovah Witnesses do field service if the chances of obtaining one new convert are slim? What is the incentive? Jehovah Witnesses say that Jesus preached to the nations and in the same way, they do too. Their argument is that it is their responsibility to save a person and if they don't, they are guilty of murder. I wonder how true this is. I just don't see the purpose of the preaching work when so few people convert. Seems to me that there has to be an incentive other than saving lives.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I made a post on this and it got lost. Gutted. Ha!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit