Question? How Many Hours of Field Service Does it Take

by new boy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

Currently, to create one new Jehovah's Witness convert?

• waton
    waton

well, they spend about ~10 minutes each year on "servicing" each and every warm body on this planet. so:

all cant be well.

• Room 215
    Room 215

I believe it's been calculated by someone as more than 7,000 hours per one new baptism.

• Exelder
    Exelder

I was guilty of bringing 8 people "into the truth" doing my pioneer days.

However, the vast number of people I knew had spent their whole life 'in the truth' and never even had a study never mind get somebody to baptism.

Only a very small amount actually convert. Most go through the charade of witnessing with no real effect. At best they manage to have a 'paper round' where they just go round on return visits chatting and delivering the lastest Wt and Awake etc.

• new boy
    new boy

I thought the year book said 12,000 hours?

But I don't get the year books anymore.

• Tobyjones262
    Tobyjones262

To get to the center of a tootsie pop? 3

• Ding
    Ding

Just a little more.

Always a little more.

• Giordano
    Giordano

2017 Grand Totals

• Branches of Jehovah’s Witnesses: 90

• Number of Lands Reporting: 240

• Total Congregations: 120,053

• Worldwide Memorial Attendance: 20,175,477

• Memorial Partakers Worldwide: 18,564

• Peak of Publishers *: 8,457,107

• Average Publishers Preaching Each Month: 8,248,982

• Percentage of Increase Over 2016: 1.4

• Total Number Baptized *: 284,212
      • Average Pioneer * Publishers Each Month: 1,249,946

• Average Auxiliary Pioneer Publishers Each Month: 439,571

• Total Hours Spent in Field: 2,046,000,202
      • Average Bible Studies * Each Month: 10,071,524

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/2017-service-year-report/2017-grand-totals/

It looks like 13,880 hours per one person baptized in 2017. Considering how many are born-ins and become baptized........the hours spent going door to door would be much higher.

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks Giordano - when I read the OP I remembered that others on this forum had previously calculated the number of hours for each baptism.

• blondie
    blondie

I can remember the COBOE doing a part reviewing the activity of the congregation, particularly how many bible studies had ended in baptism. He said all but one were children of jws, that one had been disfellowshipped by the time of his talk.

He did say that the publishers should be diligent in following on interest (WT phrase) with the view of starting and conducting bible studies. I noticed that in the WT study articles recently they have been emphasizing this with very detailed ways to do it. I wonder if any of the publishers will change their ways of field service?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit