A minimus type of question

by obiwan 17 Replies latest jw friends

• obiwan
    obiwan

What made you question and look into the wts? What was the back breaker so to speak? And, did the information you found out take a while to sink in, or did you believe it right away?

What would be the one piece of information you think is most important to show to other jw's?

• avengers
    avengers

I'll bite.

Would you like to have a better life for you and your kids, without sadness?
    Well?

Ohhhhhhhhh life in paradise..

(edited cause I screwed up)

it was the alcohol hic, oops the h

• minimus
    minimus

GOOD QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........it's cumulative.

• freedom96
    freedom96

The one thing that stands out in my mind of why I started to doubt the WTS, was I met a man who was in his sixties, married over 40 years to his wife, treated her like a queen, had a great family, had a great belief in God and Jesus. He had done very well financially, and just seemed to have his life in order. He did not bang on doors to get his heavenly message across to people. His lifestyle and the way he treated people was good enough to show what kind of man he was.

I could not believe in a million years that God was going to destroy him just because he was not a witness. He still to this day is one of the finest human beings I have ever had the chance to know.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Nice try Obi, but no one can imitate Minimus!

Anyway, for me it was mainly the "generation" teaching. I was an elder at the time, but that one shook me up, though I kind of could see it coming.

All the crap I saw when an elder also helped to cement the doubts.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

I can see the headlines now, "Homer Vs. Minimus" Part IV (my bets are on MInimus Obiwan!) nobody can beat the dancing M&M (although homer does come close).

Seriously, I was born into it, so I never knew another way....

I think the one that got my mother on one occassion was the whole UN thing - she just couldn't believe, refused to believe it. She still thinks that its "those other JW's".

That and their stock in war companies - as well as just how much their organization is worth, while they put out the call to give all the time from the podium.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

hypocracy - that did it for me

I had been out for 10 years before I started reading and the first thing I found was the Mexico/Malwi scandal

I hate liars. I hate hypocrits. I discovered the WTS leaders were both. That totally destroyed their credibiltiy. After that everything else was easy.

*Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

Few people get a second chance now

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82
    nobody can beat the dancing M&M (although homer does come close).

wait, isnt obiwan krusty and minimus the seven-up dot? :P

i was a born-in, too, so i didnt question it until my parents got divorced and we got totally cut off from everyone who was supposed to have our back. that hurt. but it was the best thing that could have happened to me, in retrospect. thanks mom!!

• minimus
    minimus

Some people are just trying to be Minimusian.

• gumby
    gumby

We all can't be gunshy in asking questions for fear we're copying Minimus.(but he is the king....never forget that)

What made you question and look into the wts? What was the back breaker so to speak? And, did the information you found out take a while to sink in, or did you believe it right away?

What would be the one piece of information you think is most important to show to other jw's?

You have three questions.....at least minimus makes it easy and usually only asks one

(1)What made you question and look into the wts? I was raised in it (2) see above (3)What would be the one piece of information you think is most important to show to other jw's? COC. Is a book considered one piece of information? Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit