Have You Changed Since You First Started Posting Here?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus
    shamus

Yes

• obiwan
    obiwan

What are you nuts? If I didn't, I'd stink pretty bad.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Just a little.

Craig

PS: min, you and I joined JWD on the same day...how is it that you have 2000 more posts than me? (Ohh, I remember now...I got married and stuff) LOL

• freedom96
    freedom96

I enjoy learning new things, and reading other viewpoints. But I cannot say that I have changed from who I was a year ago. My charactor is the same then as it is now.

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah, Craig, but look how high up on the totem pole you are.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I wouldnt say that Ive learnt anything about the dubs here, cause i already knew most of it. However this site was my first foray onto the internet and chat. Everything Ive learnt about dealing with people on the net I learnt here. There have been some interesting psychological lessons learnt, when I first came here I felt a desperate need to be accepted by the "in" crowd, approved of, applauded for my moral superiority. But I learnt that the posting 'gods' are mere mortals, and that my own my own morals are questionable at best.

• minimus
    minimus

Refiners, I'm glad you "learnt" all that.

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

No. I've been here since the H20 days (different name back then), and I don't think this forum has changed me at all. I posted under a different name here to for quite a while (until I forgot my password and my dormant Hotmail account was closed)

The one thing I have learned however, is not to become obsessed with forums like this. Some people here have been out of the cult for 20 and 30 years, and they still are talking about it. That scares me. I hope to fade away from here eventually just like I did from the JW's.

Stan (still here every few days)

• minimus
    minimus

Stan, I think the reason why a few might still talk about it like it was yesterday is because they are still traumatised.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I don't think the essense of who I am has changed.

I have learned of new scandals - always here first.

I have peeled off another layer of the abuse that I had not examined very carefully before.

I have become a political and religious activist of sorts

I healthier and stronger emotionally.

And I think I am less angry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit