Brother with a beard on jw.org!

by neat blue dog 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

How will they distinguish "worldly" men in the publications if JWs have a beard?

Duhh!!!!

The tight pants, silly.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

I was twice pulled aside for having one. I live in the uk

• freddo
    freddo

Here in the UK some congs are ok with them, others aren't. Ours was ok. We have had Elders and MS's with beards from time to time, one actually appointed with a beard. I am talking before the latest article over the past 30 years or so.

But in our circuit about half the congs were ok for appointed men to have beards and half weren't. When I arranged public talks in the days of pre email letters were exchanged and some stated no beards, other stated well trimmed beards were acceptable.

I did hear that as a result of the new article that a nearby die-hard body of elders who wouldn't appoint any man with a beard as MS or Elder had changed their stance as recently as this summer due to the article.

Not allowed on the circuit assembly platform, but about ten years ago we did have the sound operator who would come on and adjust the microphones for everyone being allowed a full beard.

• lookout
    lookout

there's nothing right or wrong about having a beard. it's a personal choice. and there's a recent wt article that points out that some brothers in positions of responsibility have beards.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Huh.

The one time in the history of the universe where the WTS actually seems to be acknowledging a sensible standpoint.

I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later. :smirk:

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I know a die hard who started growing a beard last week. He understood the WT about beards as a green light to grow one.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    I'm stunned.
    How will they distinguish "worldly" men in the publications if JWs have a beard?

Tight-pants Tony will have an answer for that.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Wow, that is quite shocking.

Meh, you bros have it all wrong anyways. You can all wear beards. Just tell everybody you're a sister with a facial hair problem, and you're good.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    Meh, you bros have it all wrong anyways. You can all wear beards. Just tell everybody you're a sister with a facial hair problem, and you're good.

The KH isn't Target, I don't think that would fly.

• Chook
    Chook

They don't like beards because it will hide the dribble of bullshit leaving their mouths. The whole beard thing should have rang one of many alarm bells that we overlooked .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit