Bloodless Medicine....not all its cracked up to be.

by Lee Elder 31 Replies latest watchtower medical

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    I don't understand why they even got any money. Some people have commented that $100K is a "token" award... This will make a lot of doctors refuse to treat JW's. They followed the "no blood" instructions, and they get sued???
  • pbrow
    pbrow

Hope the father grows a pair now and gets his kids out of this cult! He no longer has the built in home redundancy program to keep doubts away.. I predict he will be out in year.

pbrow

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Has similarities to a case in U K some years back. A young " sister", Emma Gough 22yrs old gave birth to twins. That girl developed bleeding ,refused blood and died..

Elders were told in 2015 that "Pregnancies can prove to be particularly dangerous for our sisters when complications arise". A special "Care Plan For Women In Labour" is available from the HLC.

The old Blood Cards used to release the Hospital from all responsibility , but the wording is changed now. I guess they thought that since the Hospital offered bloodless surgery, they had the right to sue...but I do not see it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I'm kinda surprised OrphanCrow hasn't chimed in on this thread, yet...
  • smiddy
    smiddy

The Medical Profession respects the wishes of the patient when treating her and she dies ,then the family sues the Medical Profession ? And they win ?

Their is something drastically wrong with the system when that happens.

smiddy

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo
    I know the family of a young mum who died in such circumstances, I see the children growing up motherless and I think 'is this really what Jesus would have wanted, when he broke the Sabbath law to cure people". Last I heard the husband has stopped attending meetings and faded, poor guy, wonder how he feels about things now?
  • talesin
    talesin

DOC - thanks for the cut-and-paste. xx

Vidiot - Maybe she's taking the weekend off. :P

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Hey there Vidiot. I took some days off and when I returned...this story had popped up.

Well...well,well. This only took a bit of scratching on the surface before it started to bleed Jehovists.

Ilovettatt: I don't understand why they even got any money. Some people have commented that $100K is a "token" award... This will make a lot of doctors refuse to treat JW's. They followed the "no blood" instructions, and they get sued???

smiddy: The Medical Profession respects the wishes of the patient when treating her and she dies ,then the family sues the Medical Profession ? And they win ?

Their is something drastically wrong with the system when that happens.

There is a LOT going on beneath the surface with this story. A lot.

To start with, let's take a look at the hospital involved and the "doctors" who "followed instructions".

Let's peel the onion. Let's take a look at "the system" that was treating this woman. I agree - there is something drastically wrong with the system that was involved with her care.

Atlanta Medical Center.

Atlanta Medical Center is a hospital in Atlanta, Georgia operated by Tenet Healthcare. It has 460 beds and over 700 physicians, a Level I trauma center, a Level III neonatal unit, and supports air ambulance service via heliport.

Be sure to read the reviews of Atlanta Medical Center.

Atlanta Medical Center operates a Bloodless Medicine and Surgery Unit.

To ensure the best experience possible for every patient, Atlanta Medical Center provides a full-time program administrator to assist patients and their families throughout the consultation, admission and procedure process with:
    Physician referral
    Assistance with outpatient services
    Scheduling
    Family member accommodations
    The program administrator, Brenda Depena-Gray, is intimately familiar with the religious issues involved in bloodless medicine. As program coordinator for Atlanta Medical Center’s Bloodless Medicine & Surgery program, her goal is to ensure that each individual’s decision to participate in a bloodless medicine procedure is both understood and respected. To facilitate this, she is personally engaged with the patient and his or her surgeon. Brenda’s personal interactions help healthcare professionals involved in the care of that patient to better understand the individual’s needs and expectations during treatment.

Brenda Depena Gray BS,BSN,RN

- worked for United Airlines from 1983 - 2011 (customer service and airport operation)

- in 2011, Brenda magically transformed herself from a customer service rep at an airport into ... a Registered Nurse who, in June 2010 (while still booking flights at the airport), became the Director of Bloodless Medicine and Surgery Program at the Atlanta Medical Center.

Brenda's Volunteer Experience & Causes:

- Pioneer - JW.org

Brenda claims the following as her education - (I am not sure when she fit all that in - if it was in between her airport experience and pioneeering....not sure how that worked out...)

Clayton State University
    BSN, Registered Nursing, Nursing Administration, Nursing Research and Clinical Nursing
    Howard University
    Bachelor of Science (BS), Human Biology

So...that is who is the director of the Bloodless Unit at Atlanta Medical Center - a Jehovah Witness woman who somehow gained registered nursing education and experience in between booking flights at the airport and door knocking.

Let's take a look at Tenet Healthcare that operates Atlanta Medical Clinic.

Tenet Healthcare employs a special Blood Conservation Program Coordinator;

Hired to create, oversee, and market the Blood Conservation Program. Blood utilization was reduced and the patient population increased as a result of the program.

And...who is this special guy? the one who claims this on his professional profile? :

Accomplishments:

Managed Program at two hospital campuses
    Developed Policies and Procedures
    Created new patient forms
    Wrote marketing brochures
    Established Anemia Clinic
    Facilitated contract with Jehovah's Witnesses Headquarters
    Featured on Channel 10's Health Beat report

Edward Blakeney.

I have talked about this guy before. He came up the ranks of the bloodless cult through the Hospital Liaison Network.

He is the dude who "Created a database company specializing in improving patient outcomes and lowering blood utilization cost. Company was acquired by Haemonetics in 2007. Traveled extensively in US to meet with hospital administrators regarding better blood utilization..."

And that....is who controls the bloodless medicine unit at Atlanta Medical Center.

Watchtower trained people. The same Watchtower that told that woman to not take blood in the first place.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

So... You're saying, essentially, that the hospital staff was incompetent, and that perhaps in a better hospital her outcome would have been better, but, on the other hand, it was mainly her fault because she chose that course.

Is 100K really a token award? Would this set a precedent?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    So... You're saying, essentially, that the hospital staff was incompetent, and that perhaps in a better hospital her outcome would have been better, but, on the other hand, it was mainly her fault because she chose that course.

Excuse me???

You got that from what I posted???

Huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit