Why is the Watchtower omitting even more scriptures from their bible?

by Tameria2001 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• steve2
    steve2

I never said that I know too much about the bible, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that things are being removed.

To give credit where it's due, the New World translators do give their reasons for omitting sections of the Bible are generally accepted as having been added (often centuries) later. Go to either the NWT itself or to JW org to find answers to your loaded question. Quite frankly, I'd be more worried about what the NWT has added than about what it has removed.

• blondie
    blondie

The larger bibles have a footnote when omitting a scripture...the small black ones have a dash but no explanation.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I'll tell you one better than that, modern translations including JWs are leaving out entire books of the Bible because they do not conform to the Roman Catholic/Modern Christian dogma. There are books about Jesus' younger life, his wife, many miracles of various apostles.

First century Christians were a colorful bunch and had various sects, one sided remnants of arguments which are still in the modern "Bible" (especially the Pauline letters and the Revelation/Apocalypse stories).

• blondie
    blondie

jws are not the only religions that leave those books out, I don't know of any Protestant religions that include them.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The Ethiopic bible has 81 books in the Old Testament , the Orthodox Bible has 51 books in the Old Testament ,the Catholic Bible has 46 books in the Old Testament and the Protestant Bible has 39 books in the Old Testament .

These are just a few that come to mind.

Apparently these all have the same amount of books in the New Testament..

So which Bible are you going to believe in ? Can`t GOD make up his mind how many books should be included in the Bible ?

So their are at least 42 books of Scripture that are excluded from some Bibles { mainly Protestant } that other non Protestant religions have .

Maybe Tameria 2001 you should be asking why have Jehovah`s Witnesses omitted so many of these other books that learned men have seen fit to include in their Bible .

And why did the WTB&TS see fit to adopt the Protestant view as to what was acceptable and what was not as they were also viewed as Apostate Christendom by them .?

Of course they have always held a special hatred of the Roman Catholic religion as is evidenced by their many publications since they began in the late 1800`s .

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

@smiddy3 I have often wondered why there were only 66 books in the bible, that number always struck me as being a bit odd. Growing up my grandmother who was a Pentecostal was a superstitious woman, and one of the numbers she was spooked by was 666.

• blondie
    blondie

I do know that the WTS in Russell's day equated the papacy, the Catholic church, with the scarlet-colored beast of Revelation and that Russell came from a Protestant background...so from the beginning it seems he was inclined to accept the Protestant viewpoint.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Temeria2001 - "Why is the Watchtower omitting even more scriptures from their Bible?"

Too many "inconvenient truths"? :smirk:

At the rate they're going, by 2050, all the WT Bible will consist of is "listen, obey, and be blessed" over and over and over again...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit