Leaving the JWs

by Hurting 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

THIS!!!!! ----> "... life passes so quickly as a JW: day in, day out, the same objective -- proving your worth to yourself and to others..."

This hit me, BOOM!! This sentence resonated with me so much!!! - it hit me like a ton of bricks!! THIS is the reason that f'n cult appealed to me (excuse language), and why I stayed in it so god awfully long!!!! (close to 30 years & I was not born in!)

I had been damaged by life, certain circumstances & situations that badly hurt a little girl's psyche -- and your sentence just leaped out at me -- it's like it has finally been explained to me what the heck I needed from that cult -- because that question has been on my mind a long time, and I just couldn't explain it in my head the exquisitely perfect way you just said it, with such simple clarity and focus of insight.

If you feel as though you have gained healing or comfort or clarity here too as well, from the dear PEOPLE here (not "these ones, those ones, such-like ones" -- the way the bOrg describes their members (drones)!, always just as a NUMBER!! - ha! And watch them change that because they friggin' read these boards!! - but I digress) -- please know that you have just amazingly helped heal and comfort me, Muddy -- Muddy Waters -- a lady now in her 50's with thankfully NO members of her family left in the Borg!)

This board, and another, has been instrumental in my journey out of an extremist group. This board is my therapist! :) and I hope the dear individuals here know how valuable you all are.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

MicaSmith.... your post... omg. So much of it speaks to me as well, and will probably help my own daughter (and sons, too?) who I raised in this goddamn cult. (Please excuse me, I don't normally swear, it mostly comes out when I talk about this religion!)

Thank you for sharing your extremely helpful insights ...

• Giordano
    Giordano

MuddyWaters, MicaSmith and Hurting it is so good to know that this forum and the special people on it can be a positive force in your lives.

We all know what it's like when the wheels come off a failing JW life style. You don't put the wheels back on you get some new and better transportation and continue your own personal journey.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Yes, Giordiano, thank you, this place is a refuge and a hiding place from the windstorm! Ha! (I love using the scriptures back at them!)

And YOU too have made many posts which have helped me and given me much food for thought. Lots of insights and advice, very kind. Thank you.

I had not seen this post the first time around, so hopefully, Hurting, you are doing all right?

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

There is a book called Toxic Parents - read it!!!! I swear, that book saved my sanity. Coming from a zealous but fake JW household, with parents who used control, manipulation, verbal and emotional abuse, and withholding affection ( who now shun me because I am DF'd) I know all toi well the pain and hurt you feel now. This site really gives you a means to speak YOUR truth...to vent and be genuine without fear. That is priceless! But I also highly recommend professional therapy. Childhood abuse is hard to overcome without help, as it comes back in others ways to haunt you...been there. I also agree with you writing your fam. I did that years ago and although I never got a response, it gave me the ability to be honest and real. It laid out to my fam that I now KNOW: I know what they did, I know that others know what they did and how they are, I know in their hearts they know they were wrong, and that Im gonna be ok andnhavw been successful in life. In the end I dont care if they are hapoy for me or not, but their abuse has NOT gone unnoticed - which is a win for me.

Your attempts at trying to chsnge their minds about TTATT is a waste of time. People who conditionally love you will onlyvsee your attempts as 'crazy' and mental. Save yourself the trouble and invest your energy into learning YOU and bettering YOU - not saving them. You cant save someone drowning if you cant swim, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit