Melbourne Convention Protest

by jonahstourguide 32 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• RayoFlight2014
    RayoFlight2014

Hi JTG, I'm at the protest. Thanks for sharing this it is encouraging to see how we are seen by everyone who is not prepared to lie about the reality of what is happening at the protest.

If my fellow protesters were acting inappropriately I would not be here.

We are all lovely people with our own personal issues and characteristics, but on the whole there is more good in us than anything remotely bad.

I feel great about finally being part of something proactive within my capacity and comfort zone.

Love you all !!

RayoFlight2014

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Wish i could duck out and meet you Rayo RB

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

How many were baptised ? any children ?

In the video with the long line of attendants ,what was that for ? There were exJW`s walking around behind them with signs as well ?

And if they were supposed to block anybody from getting passed them into the convention , why are they standing so far away from the entrance ?

The whole thing just seemed to look so silly .

And I think it is/was the best protest ever .

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Smiddy - 409 baptised, mostly 13 - 17 y.o. girls. 44,000 present.

RB

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Thank`s rB ,

Without meaning to sound negative LOL I`d be surprised if as much as a third of these girls were still active JW`s in 5 years time .

What 13-17 year old teenager knows what they want for the rest of their life at that age?

How many of them will be up in front of a JC within the next 5 -10 years ?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I'm in 2 minds about the effectiveness of this, as to weather you are waking them up, or giving them reinforcement to their beliefs. That been said, however, I remember a few years back with a similar protest in Poland. The protestors were advertising a ex-JW website in the polish language. They published the stats, which showed a sharp increase in first time visitors to the site, both during and shortly after the convention. It would be interesting to see if there was any anomaly in visits to jwfacts during this convention period, and just where they were coming from.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

So far as far as I can see the protesters have been pretty much low key and reasonable .And providing they don`t go overboard I think the human mind being what it is curious about things ,I would think a lot, especially teenagers would be looking in to what protesters are on about.

Let`s face it teenagers are the most likely to say and do what parents expect of them ,but on the other hand they will do what they want to do.

And hopefully they will get on sites like this and learn TTATT

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I really do believe that this is the way to do a protest, respectful, loving, but with hard hitting messages. Those JW's passing by cannot "unsee" what was on those excellent signs.

Shouting, harassing and being a nuisance is not the way.

Well done our ozzie friends in Melly !

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Jehovah’s Witnesses Australian branch overseer and Watchtower Society corporate director, Terrence O’Brien, during a conversation he initiated with “JW Leaks” at the Melbourne Convention.

• Listener
    Listener

JW Leaks, have you posted it? I thought O'Brien had been reassigned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit