Melbourne Convention Protest

by jonahstourguide 32 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Hi All.

I didn't want to post this in private because I want all to see what I saw.

The protest at the Melbourne convention went superbly in my opinion. The protesters and their banners were more than eloquent and succinct. You could feel the emotion they all conveyed. The effect they achieved was evident in many ways.

1. The PIMI'S that i know fully understood the point they were making and the reasons for it.

2. Splane was obviously rattled and in fear of an 'escalation'. He ordered an attendant for every aisle at the stadium to stand and observe the audience for most of the afternoons program to stop any 'protesters walking down the aisles during the program and accessing the field. Looked typically like the security at the end of a footy match to stop supporters swarming the field. Obviously paranoid,,,, you know, persecution complex like.

3. After an hour or so the attendants were given chairs and continued to stare at the audience, even during the final prayer ha ha.

4. He, Splane took a different route, with more 'heavies' off the stage to the bunkers than usual.

5. Earlier, (lunch break) an aggressive elder in charge of attendants tried to wind up the police to get rid of the protesters,

Police advised him of their right to protest and told him to relax......... I heard the lot and even got a pic, I was standing some feet away with my 20k hearing aids turned right up !! By the way, He is known to be a dick head with his head up his own arse...

6. I was even able to utter some words of encouragement to the protesters. "keep up the good work, you're doing a great job". Going to do the same tomorrow. If the protesters keep up the same modus operandi then they will make an favourable impact

7. You should have seen the over reaction of the attendants as the delegates were leaving,,, outnumbered the protesters and the police were having a bit of a laugh. I spoke to the cops and they stated to me.."no need for the knee jerk reaction it will only aggravate the situation". Then I left with my pimo and pimi friends and had most enlightening discussions on the train trip home....

People are waking up in varying degrees.

Oh, by the way splanes talk about children,,, the last one of the day upset quite a few believers where I was sitting.

Attendance at the moment has been around 44,000. no baptism figures but I'm guessing 1%,,, see what transpires. Keep you all posted for what it's worth.

P.S. My evaluation of the protest is based on the fact that I have been involved over the years with some of the most radical protests in Melbourne from the early 70's ,, Builders Labourers Federation And the Waterside Workers Federation,,,,,, These people today and yesterday are the best behaved protesters I have seen for years and their impact will, for that reason, be significant. In my opinion.

jtg

• alanv
    alanv

This is the first I have heard about this. Wish I had been there. Ive never been to a convention where there were dissenting voices. Must have been amazing. I love the fact they had attendants guarding the platform lol

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Hey alanv

They had attendants at the platform all days. The above described stuff was in addition to the normal security. That's why it was notable

jtg

Significant !?

• Zilgee
    Zilgee

Which countries attended the convention?

• dozy
  • George One Time
    George One Time

Well done! Best protest ever. Those messages will stick in the head of those in attendance - for sure

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Thank you jonahstourguide ,for the update ,keep us informed of the latest developments .And if there is any coverage by the media of the protests .

I have seen some media such as channel 7 and channel 9 TV stations give some coverage about the convention but it could have been what was given them by JW.ORG

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Thank You for posting dozy,,,,,

Being there and experiencing the protest was totally empowering for many of us.

jtg

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

@ Zilgee.

Mostly Australian but quite a few, 6,000, special delegates from us etc etc.

jtg

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

@ smiddy,,, Channel seven last night gave a good coverage of the protesters and the smart woman guiding proceedings.

jtg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit