1914 a doctrinal lie that created an entire religion the Jehovah's Witnesses

by Finkelstein 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Clarkey
    Clarkey

i.e. The anointed as a company

Yes which brings up the question how could false prophet apostates be the anointed ones, sanctified and chosen by god himself (1919) ?

• waton
    waton

1919? listened to by a german: nein tien nein tien.

on record for 1919: german cabinet maker shop making signs: "--millionen werden nie sterben"

proclaimer book page 426.

if god selected them, then, really? , it must have been to show what false prophets looks like.

a double whammy, 1) pretending to speak for god, and 2) predicting what even by their doctrines did not, can not come true.

• Doug Mason
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

Thank you Doug for those links however it`s going to take a bit more time to absorb all of the things stated in early WT publications much of which I`m already aware of but putting them in such a format helps to appreciate how WT controls and manipulates their volunteers who call themselves Jehovah`s witnesses ?

Which raises the question in my mind ?

Do the Governing Body of Jehovah`s Witnesses recognise the rank and file of JW`s as Jehovah`s Witnesses ? or do they just class them as helpers ? volunteers ? friends of the GB ? who they claim are the F&DS class ? the ONLY Jehovah`s Witnesses ? that are on earth ?

I would appreciate your comment on these questions.

• waton
    waton

a3: if I remember right, wt writers use the parable of the sheep & goats to pronounce themselfs, or the "anointed" as the only "christ's brothers"

Their's alone is the burden to preach the kingdom good news of 1914.

They twist this scripture to mean publisher/pioneer hours to be the humanitarian help that merits life for the [other] sheep.

wt does not recognize all the members of the 12 tribes of Israel [of god]*** as jehovah's witnesses but only the 144000 that are sealed out of them according to Rev. 7.

*** "You are my witnesses oh Israel" Isaiah

wt is wrong here, because if the anointed come out of the total tribe membership, the tribes must comprise more members, just as Israel was greater than just the priests and kings.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Finkelstein:

The leader(s) of the IBSA in 1919 proclaimed that Jehovah had selectively chosen them or him as it were by J. Rutherford, they also self identified themselves as the anointed class the Faithful Slave.

But that's not what actually happened. The claim that they were 'chosen' in 1919 was invented much later.

I've dealt with this more here in my review of Pure Worship—Restored at Last, in response to the 'Teaching Box' that attempts to defend their 'selection' of 1919.

• Clarkey
    Clarkey

The IBSA leader, J Rutherford, also the president of the Watchtower Corporation tried to self anoint himself along with his top associates by proclamation of what he and the organization were in their active preaching endeavors.

Being exclusively chosen by god for being the Faithful Slave and servant was a reconfirming label over himself and the entire publishing organization.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

today most JWs only talk about 1914 as the year WW 1 started and try to change the subject. However extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, which they cant produce.

• Clarkey
    Clarkey

The fact is 1914 and the adjoined "This Generation" doctrine was a failure (false) that was taught and preached by the JWS throughout most of the 20th century.

The new overlapping generation doctrine was established to put a band aid on the 1914 doctrine.

The WTS leaders are careful to not openly disregard and admonish doctrines that were previously made for in doing so it weakens the proclamation that their bible interpretations are accurate and "The Truth" .

Nevertheless the 1914 doctrine as well other doctrines such as 1975 were indeed successful in enhancing the literature the WTS sold and proliferated.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

Just looked up in a copy of "Old Theology' dated 1874 and on the front page of the quarterly were the dates 1799 and ending in the year 1915, a year off . Just to show it was crap then and crap now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit