My JW Grandmother died

by KGB 17 Replies latest jw friends

• KGB
    KGB

Well my Jw Grandmother died...Am I sad ? No not really. I did not know her. I do have to wonder if she is not facing Jesu right now and being shamed for all the hate towards her Grand children simply because they were not JW. I only had a realtionship with her for about a year and it was only for short moments on the phone if I had happened to be over at my mothers when she called my mom. But that was when I was studing to be a JW. After I left the borg she went back to hating me as she did the rest of her Grand children. I wonder what she has to think now realizing that we just dont lay in the grave when we die that we do indeed return back to God. I hate that F$%^#*G religion it does nothing but destroy beautiful things like LOVE. Are'nt they so proud of themselves for what they do ? No probably not. They really don't give a rats arse about anyone but themselves...Very selfish people.....

• LDH
    LDH

KGB,

I'm sorry. I know what you mean, I never had the treat of having a grandparent love me, just because I was me.

This religion is as destructive as any other. Same game, different name.

I'm sorry, friend.

• shamus
    shamus

KGB,

I am very sorry that your grandmother died. It is hard to know how to react sometimes, esp. since she was in a cult.... It's not easy.

Shamus.

• gumby
    gumby

Hi KGB,

They really don't give a rats arse about anyone but themselves...Very selfish people.....

The problem is, the Organisation has taught it's members that every single person on this planet that is not one of Jehovah's Witnesses is on Satans side. People to them are adversaries......not fellowmen. That may sound a little harsh about them but it's true. When you are told that people are........

wordly, not in the truth, part of this system of things, you begin to believe it yourself down deep inside and begins to reflect itself in how you treat people. Thats why they are heartless scumbags..........which is sad. Were these ones not taught these things, they wouldn't act that way, unless they are just born assholes.

I'm glad you are not grieving for your grandma as grieving is no fun.

Gumby

• Odrade
    Odrade

I'm sorry that your grandma died, and I'm sorry especially that she was a mean person. Everyone deserves a nice grandma.

((((KGB))))))))

• KGB
    KGB

I guess thats why I never did get baptised because I am just not one to let my mind go so freely to just anyone.....

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

(((KGB))) I'm sorry this religion gave your grandmother permission to threat you the way she did.

Even though the org makes the rules people make the decision to follow them or not.

Her loss

• Swickley
    Swickley
    I guess thats why I never did get baptised because I am just not one to let my mind go so freely to just anyone.....

KGB -- I think it is more complicated than you indicate. JWs move in and overtake their prey just like trained experts (parasites). They "target" individuals who are down, have emotional problems, those who are lonely, abused, isolated from family and friends, etc. They extend (fake) friendship and loving attentativeness (contrived) to these wretched souls, and slowly pull them in. Prospective JWs more or less get "reeled in" slowly, and without even noticing they are giving up their autonomy. So, as for giving one's mind over, I don't think there is anything "free" about the whole process. Of course, there may be some who eagerly "let their minds go freely" but I would argue that the vast majority of recruits are just slowly sucked in. And the brain shuts down. Period.

All that being said, I am sorry you lost your grandmother.... and I'm even sorrier that the "borg barrier" prevented her from showing you the love that every grandchild needs and deserves.

Peace.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I'm sorry this religion gave your grandmother permission to treat you the way she did.

Well said LL.

I'm really sorry KGB.

• Panda
    Panda

KGB, I am sorry to hear about your granmothers death. I hope she gave a few last minute thoughts for her family because maybe, maybe in that moment while still alive she had real love in her heart. Big Panda Hugs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit