Blondie's Highlights of the 7-17-2016 WT Study (Personal Decision)

by blondie 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

BLONDIE’S highlights FROM the JULY 17, 2016 WT Study (2016) (HOW DO YOU MAKE PERSONAL DECISIONS?

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/

EXCELLENT GENERAL WEBSITE: www.jwfacts.com

Bible translations www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible

WT publications http://www.a2z.org/wtarchive/archive.htm (old)

www.jw.org (new)

WT child abuse www.silentlambs.org

www.watchtowerdocuments.com/

Blood issue www.ajwrb.org

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

United Nations http://www.randytv.com/secret/unitednations.htm

Also posted on

www.jehovahs-witness.net

OPENING COMMENTS

When I first read this title I thought what I saw many jws do, ask other jws their opinion, no research first in the publications or the bible, when no consensus of opinion, they would run to their favorite elder, then the CO, and some write to headquarters over and over looking for the magic answer, the one they wanted to hear.

I remember overhearing one jw ask an elder, who did the right thing (per the WTS) and pulled out a publication, and pointed to their application of a scripture to the questions. The jw would then say (But what do you say) because they knew the elders made the rules in their congregation.

So I wondered what the WTS would say and why it makes this topic worthy of a study article.

Paragraph 1

Was fornication forbidden in pre-Christian times in Israel? If yes, why; if no, why, use a scriptural explanation. Remember I am not talking about adultery.

Where in the OT does it explain that an Israelite could be put to death if 2 people observed them staying overnight with someone of the opposite sex?

Paragraph 2

While the bible may not provide any “specific” command the WTS is happy to jump in and make one. What did Jesus say at Matthew 15?

Then there came to Jesus from Jerusalem Pharisees and scribes,+ saying: 2 “Why do your disciples overstep the tradition of the men of former times? For example, they do not wash their hands+ when about to eat a meal.”+

3 In reply he said to them: “Why do you overstep the commandment of God because of your tradition?+ 4 For example, God said, ‘Honor your father and your mother,’+ and, ‘Let the one who speaks abusively of* his father or mother be put to death.’*+ 5 But you say, ‘Whoever says to his father or mother: “Whatever I have that could benefit you is a gift dedicated to God,”+ 6 he need not honor his father at all.’ So you have made the word of God invalid because of your tradition.+ 7 You hypocrites, Isaiah aptly prophesied about you when he said:+ 8 ‘This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 9 It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’”+ 10 With that he called the crowd near and said to them: “Listen and get the sense of it:+ 11 It is not what enters into a man’s mouth that defiles him, but it is what comes out of his mouth that defiles him

Paragraph 5

Stumbling others is brought in, even if in a congregation of 99, one says they will be stumbled (reason unclear or ridiculous) the 99 must give in to the one. Elders will tell you that there is one that could be stumbled but you cannot talk to them about it, they will be nameless or in many cases nonexistent being used by the elders to manipulate others.

Paragraph 6

Perceive God’s will as from the pages of the WT publications, and explanations from the elders and other “spirit-appointed” men, right?

Paragraph 8

Did Jesus run to the religious leaders of his time, their Talmud, to get his answers?

Did Jesus have writings and publications apart from the OT to get his answers?

Was Jesus paying attention to the teachings of the religious leaders of his time? Did their interpretations of the scriptures find Jesus in approval of them?

In my last congregation, the sisters were allowed to have 2 piercings in each ear; but other congregations in the circuit did not allow it. The elders in one congregation called headquarters and were told that each BOE could make different rules for their own congregation. Did you know that?

Love Blondie

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

yea the first 2 paragraphs are - "see we dont make lots of rules" - they the rest of the lesson is all about the rules you better follow.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    blondie
    Paragraph 5
    Stumbling others is brought in, even if in a congregation of 99, one says they will be stumbled (reason unclear or ridiculous) the 99 must give in to the one. Elders will tell you that there is one that could be stumbled but you cannot talk to them about it, they will be nameless or in many cases nonexistent being used by the elders to manipulate others.

Another point for this ist, that ONLY the R+F could stumble others.

The Governing Body false teaching about 1975 stumbled a lot of JWs. But every JW would say, that a JW can only stumble by himself - if he is weak. A JW could not be stumbled by the Governing Body.

@ blondie

Thanks for your WT study this week :-)

• JeffT
    JeffT
    In plain English: The Bible does not give specific commands about many situations. It is therefore up to the GB, CO's and local elders to make them up. Do as you are told.
  • JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

I read the article, it gives lip service to reading the bible and prayer. In the end though, they want you to research WT publications and do as they say. The bible may just have principles but WT is very happy to clearly define how to apply them to almost any situation. The article wants you to feel like you're making your own decisions when in reality you are following the WT.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I love these, Blondie!

• Rather Be the Hammer
    Rather Be the Hammer

Thanks Blondie!

I think the whole idea is silly: a lesson about

'How to make PERSONAL decisions'

Let US tell you how you should make PERSONAL decisions and let stumbling OTHERS affect your decisions

What's personal? And is there anything left to decide personally , after reading this WT?

it should have been titled : 'Let us influence every thought you think and every decision you make don't you dare to do or think anything by yourself!'

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Thanks Blondie.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

In other words, It's perfectly okay to make 'personal decisions' as long as your 'personal decisions' are perfectly harmonious with the latest wt approved divine teaching that can only be revealed to us through the mystical 'faithful and discreet slave'! Yea---let's go with that!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is like communism. Everyone is supposed to be reduced to the level of the weakest. One person could be stumbled because you have a bright yellow umbrella, you need to throw it away (even though it is more visible in traffic, plus it cannot poke out an eye like the allowed umbrellas). You see one person stumbled because your bookbag is not exactly like the standard, you have to throw it away even if it suits your needs perfectly.

Bearing in mind that joke-hova wants us all enslaved, with happiness gone in the whole universe (one planet at a time). Decisions inspired by joke-hova are likely to leave you sick, destitute, and dumb. Observe how suffering was glorified in the videos at the Grand Boasting Session. Not just mentioned as a fact of life, GLORIFIED. Someone had the chance to learn to play an instrument, joke-hova said no. They had the chance to see a dying parent one last time; again, no. Two of the videos saw someone losing a job, being in serious debt because of it, after being given an opportunity to get even more money--both times, joke-hova said no. Anyone with the misfortune of attending this abomination will realize this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit