so whats with the dresses

by Sabin 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007
    We had an older sister who in winter wore a dress over her slacks to "show respect." Wierd!!
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It's all about control.

Do what we say. Don't question the "accepted standards", and all will be fine.

Dont upset the status quo...

we dress the way we do because we do, therefore we will dress this way....circular reasoning.

Um, didn't Jesus wear a "dress" and a beard? I wonder if he would be counselled in the back room?

• Sabin
    Sabin
    stuckin, Jesus would be telling us to love people so he would be considered an apostate & we would be expected to shun him.
  • Lostwun
    Lostwun

Careful sabin "you could be borderline homosexual" with those last comments you made in your post.

That is, according to GB Sam Herd

(Que Eyeroll)

LoL

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

The skirts, the gobs of hosiery, the dress shoes, the dressy blouses - all landed at the goodwill after I read CoC and realized i never needed to walk into the KH ever again.

Now i wear jeans and tee shirts every day. I have one pair of slacks. And the only shoes i wear are Crocs!

My husband's suits, ties and dress shirts also were dumped. He did keep one tie - to put on the skeleton that hangs at the end of the driveway every Halloween.

Freedom for everyone!

Marina

• Sabin
    Sabin
    Lostwun, that's hilarious, if I thought the way I do about men & was one I guess I would be, homosexual that is. LOL
  • Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    Speaking of which I saw quite a few nice butts crammed into over tight skirts at this summers assembly ! Was nice to look at, but seriously overdone for the occasion. Pant suits are cool, must we way more comfortable I would imagine. All about appearances with their 'rules' Oh yeah the heels, must be murder on your feet, ankles, knees, etc.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Be thankful you don't have to dress like this when going to religious services or outside .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit