1. Concerns about the effects it would have on yours and your family's social life.
2. Fear of being shunned
3. The Stress it will cause
4. The thought of feeling isolated
5. You want to avoid rocking the boat for rest of family members
6. You need your faith (Christian) - but where do you go?
7. The worry of making a fool of yourself ie fade and then go back - perceived as fickle
8. The impact it would have on your family - arguments etc
9. Missing your friendships
10. Missing routine ......Note: I hated my life before being a witness, I smoked canibas, felt down alot of the time ( mild depression) and hung out with the wrong people. I am older and maturer now and jw standards are now ingrained ie I hate foul language etc, general bad behaviour etc. The routine helps me remain somewhat good I suppose.
These are the thoughts that run through my mind constantly. The only way I can think of making a clean break is if we as a family moved home to another area and just fade. That is the only solution I can think off.