Need Help fleeing my country

by saorean 32 Replies latest jw friends

• saorean
    saorean

Hello there,

Don't be startled by the title of this thread.

Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts.

In planning for my escape from the borg, I've come to the sad realization that the best thing for me to do considering factors like: breaking my parents and siblings hearts, lack of support groups, lack of counseling groups for cult survivors, and the prospect of finding a mate who shares my secular views on life, I've come to the realization that I need to leave my country and even my continent Africa.

I know I sound desperate, but what can a brother do when all he can do is cry out for help or die in silence.

Fortunately for me, I have a Bachelor's of Science Degree.

I'm young and highly motivated. I need to cut my loss for the years of my life I've wasted in the borg, and build a career.

America, Canada, Europe, Australia anywhere far away.

N. B: I will pay for the VISA process and flight ticket. I have my own savings to live on, so I won't be a burden.

ALL I NEED is someone to get me a job over there, which will enable me process my visa in my home country.

Or send me an invitation.

Or any other way which I may not have thought of.

I know I'll have to answer questions, I'll be glad to answers in PM so as not to blow my cover for now.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

from my experience--here in Britain--the easiest way to get a settlement visa is to marry a British national..which is exactly what my wife did.

obviously there are conditions a future partner will have to meet, but thats a long way off. if you decide to try that route--internet dating is the starting point.

• saorean
    saorean

Stan livedeath : I appreciate your response. Love is a delicate thing, and as one with a sensitive conscience, I want to be very careful about what my true intentions are for entering such union.

Obviously if I find love anywhere around the world, I'm all for it. I'm open to dating across board, if you have recommendations as to sites or people in the UK, by all means introduce me.

But if there are other ways I'll be most grateful, if you can help me find out.

Thanks

• dozy
    dozy

I understand how difficult things are , but why do you feel this means that you need to leave your country?

Much of the needs you have ( such as support groups and counselling groups for cult survivors is concerned ), this could be done online - there are many such groups in Facebook etc ( as well as this excellent forum. )

One of the golden rules to leaving a cult is not to do too many dramatic lifestyle changes if at all possible. Take it easy and consider your next step carefully. Moving to and living in the West isn't always as easy as it seems to outsiders. Taxes and living costs are high here. There are huge barriers to immigration. A lot of people have moved to my area from South Africa ( for example ) in recent years - white people fleeing the corrupt regime & crime and violence there. But many are totally fed up with the weather and lots of other factors - difficulty with employment and housing. Some have even moved back.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

saorean. in my experience--having been married 4 times--love can be a transient thing.

in my case--my ( now ) wife was desperate to live--and work--in the UK, and marrying a british man was her only way. she told me this straight off. we both went into it eyes wide open. ive no regrets. it is a very expensive and lengthy process.

• saorean
    saorean

Dozy: I appreciate your feedback. There's a Chinese proverb that says hearing about something a thousand times is not the same with living it once.

I appreciate your concerns, I know they come from a place of love. But I have to be pragmatic and tell you things as they really are.

News of my awakening will most probably kill off my parents and lead to severe persecution from my siblings. I cannot in good conscience put them through that, as I also cannot keep living a lie. Family bonds here run skin deep. My parents at their age will never consider logic and rationality when taking the news of my resignation as an overseer and eventual fade or disassociation.

Forums are important and play a significant role in recovery from a cult, but it doesn't replace human interaction as you would agree.

Being in a country steeped in religion where religion affects where you work, how services are delivered to you, and how you raise your kids, it will be living a lie and a big disservice to myself if I don't take proactive steps to negate the brewing conditions soon to come.

About tax and living conditions, I've counted the cost. I will survive, I've lived through worse.

Stan livedeath : I get your point. Thanks bro

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

A new African skam? I would not be surprised !!!

• saorean
    saorean

TheFadingAlbatros: That's not nice. You're being stereotypically biased. That's wrong and unfair.

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

I have done my own experiences and I know what I am talking about. If I am not nice according to your own choices, no problem, that's your own problem. I take care now for my future life !!! All the best for you and your family !

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung
    • Sounds like the Nigerian scam or a form of it. Pass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit